How to share race results via email (if even possible)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smessaert
  • 9 comments
  • 916 views
Messages
2
United States
United States
I'm playing GT6 in Arcade mode and want to email my results to several friends that are also playing the same track and car so we can compare data points.

Is it possible to export / email the race results and if so would very much appreciate details on how to do so.

Also, would take the option of exporting a video and making that available via the cloud to friends for them to access.

Thanks fro the help.
 
You might find the following video helpful.


 
VBR
You might find the following video helpful.



Good morning,

Thank you for the video, I see you export the replay files but didn't see how you consume them on your PC. Is there a viewer to watch them on your PC?

If I email someone the file, I'd like for them to open it on a tablet or PC and watch.

Thanks
 
Good morning,

Thank you for the video, I see you export the replay files but didn't see how you consume them on your PC. Is there a viewer to watch them on your PC?

If I email someone the file, I'd like for them to open it on a tablet or PC and watch.

Thanks

Once you export the replay to your PS3, you need to save it to a USB stick. Then take the stick and insert it into your PC....right click on the file, navigate the mouse to "Send File To", click on "Compressed (Zipped) folder" (You will need a program like WinZip or similar for it). Once that's done, you can email the zipped file to your friends and then they just need to extract the files (right click the file, then "extract files", transfer to a USB drive and import to their PS3. Hope that makes sense :)
 
Good morning,

Thank you for the video, I see you export the replay files but didn't see how you consume them on your PC. Is there a viewer to watch them on your PC?

If I email someone the file, I'd like for them to open it on a tablet or PC and watch.

Thanks

No. If you want to just have your friends watch your race replays like a YouTube video - or just play a video file on their computers/tablets/etc then you need to get a video capture card and capture the video to your laptop. What nursemorph showed you how to do was share the GT6 Replay Data File so you could give it to a friend and they could import it into THEIR ps3 and then watch the replay from within their copy of Gran Turismo 6. You're trying to just create a regular .avi or .mpg video file of the replay and that is only going to be possible if you have a video capture device or capture card. Or you could do it the really cheesy way and record your TV screen with a video camera.
 
No. If you want to just have your friends watch your race replays like a YouTube video - or just play a video file on their computers/tablets/etc then you need to get a video capture card and capture the video to your laptop.

While this is true, the other suggestion is much quicker, easier and cheaper to do. Capture equipment costs a lot if you're only going to be using it once or twice, it requires a lot of hardrive space on your PC, in addition to you needing a fast writing hard drive, as well as taking a long time to upload to Youtube for most people's connections.

The export to USB > PC > Compress to ZIP > Email takes less than 2 minutes to do, with most people having a USB stick laying around somewhere already.
 
@ALB123 : Thank you for pointing out the correct answer to the question....I completely overlooked the "watching on PC, tablet etc" bit. That'll teach me to post things before 6am :(

Incidentally, recording the replay with a camera or other isn't really cheesy if done correctly....my tablet records video in higher than 1080p quality (no idea how it does that but there we go) and, as long as you have it still (I sit it on a couple of cardboard boxes and various things to keep it still), then it is fine
 
Thank you for the video, I see you export the replay files but didn't see how you consume them on your PC. Is there a viewer to watch them on your PC?

If I email someone the file, I'd like for them to open it on a tablet or PC and watch.

Thanks


No, you can't watch a replay file on your PC because you would need the Gran Turismo 6 software to run it, & as you know it's exclusive to Playstation 3. If you want to watch it on a computer, then you'll need to capture the replay as a video file, but as others have pointed out, capture equipment is very expensive, & video files can be huge. Best to just exchange replay files with your friends, & let them copy the files to their PS3's & watch them that way.
 
Don't you love those community features with mobile app support ...
 
Back