How to skip events that you have been invited to?

United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
I am near the end of the super karts season and have an invite to one of the Kart races that I really do not want to run. There was another Kart race that I had been invited to and I could see no way to skip it so I drove it but to be honest I absolutely hate those tiny little tracks .31 miles with like 14 corners. No fun at all and makes me feel sick after a few laps. I suffered through it and wouldn't you know it pops up another one and I see no way of skipping it other than the abandon season option which would suck as I have already ran all the races in the season and won the championship.

Is there some way to skip these events you have been invited to or reject the invintations so you don;t have to drive in events like this that are of no interest?

Before you start the first one of the series, there should have been an option in that same screen where the AI difficulty and race length has been selected. After you play the first race of the series, you just need to start and exit each race after that I think.

Before you start the first one of the series, there should have been an option in that same screen where the AI difficulty and race length has been selected. After you play the first race of the series, you just need to start and exit each race after that I think.

I completed the first series and am now at the beginning of round 2 which I really don't want to enter.
If I click the event on the calendar I have an option to enter and of course set the length, skill and restarts allowed but no option to skip or decline.

I hate to think that the only way to get past an event that is not part of your career and you don't want to run would be to enter and then quit each race in the series. I guess that would work but makes the stats pretty meaningless.

Seems like there should be an option to just not enter it and move on.

I did not see any option to skip it before I entered the first round

I completed the first series and am now at the beginning of round 2 which I really don't want to enter.
If I click the event on the calendar I have an option to enter and of course set the length, skill and restarts allowed but no option to skip or decline.

I hate to think that the only way to get past an event that is not part of your career and you don't want to run would be to enter and then quit each race in the series. I guess that would work but makes the stats pretty meaningless.

Seems like there should be an option to just not enter it and move on.

I did not see any option to skip it before I entered the first round
If the option wasn't there then it's a bug. I've not personally seen it, but if you get to the next invitational event (not round), report it please with screenshots so we can forward it.

If the option wasn't there then it's a bug. I've not personally seen it, but if you get to the next invitational event (not round), report it please with screenshots so we can forward it.
Ok. I will check and let you know if it is a problem next time.

I entered the next round and drove the 2 races and then entered the 3rd and final round. I tried to start the race and then exit but that did not help just put me back to where I was before I started the race.

Ok. I will check and let you know if it is a problem next time.

I entered the next round and drove the 2 races and then entered the 3rd and final round. I tried to start the race and then exit but that did not help just put me back to where I was before I started the race.
Ok, I'm sorry, you're right about that part. I guess driving backwards to get DQ is probably the best I can suggest to quicken it.

After the karts there was one more invitational that popped up and over on the right there was an option to finish season so I was able to skip that one.

I think now that maybe there was an option before I entered the karts race to jump to that other invitational which is apparently what I should have done, that may have worked for me but it just wasn't clear that is what I needed to do.

Anyway I am past them now. I will pay closer attention in the future and if it turns out to be an issue will let you know.

If you enter it and it has more than 1 round but you completed the 1st round I don't think you can skip , otherwise there is a option to skip event where the ai settings are before you start the race weekend (if you're mid season), if you're at the end then yeah, you get the option you've already mentioned.

Back