How to stop playseat from moving?

• Thread starter Leggacy
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
Uk
TheLeggacy
F78315C4-7E4A-41A3-8499-6934824B6E9A.jpeg
I have a playseat evo which is permanently set up, the problem I’m having is the the seat migrates to the right over time. I like to have everything lined up so it annoys me that I have to realigning the seat every so often. I guess it’s due to the slop on the chassis as the tubes are not an exact fit. I was thinking of putting some carpet spikes, like you get on speaker stands, on the bottom of the chair but I wonder if this might bring new problems.
Anyone else had or having this issue, and any advice on how to stop it?

Stop leaning so hard in turns, you're moving it next time you are racing and you're in the turn with your head sideways you will say that crazy opelgt1969 guy was right.

Stop leaning so hard in turns, you're moving it next time you are racing and you're in the turn with your head sideways you will say that crazy opelgt1969 guy was right.

Lol. No, it’s not because I lean in the seat. It’s more due to the chassis having a small amount of slop, you can’t tighten the clamps hard enough to stop it. I have a stiff brake pedal which I think makes the chassis wiggle when I brake hard. This leads to the whole seat gradually crabbing to the right.

Try cutting 2 pieces of 2x4 wood long enough to fit real tight from the crossbars to the base of seat part. Couldn't help the first post I have my rig setting on mat, seat not even connected to wheel stand doesn't move.
upload_2018-12-21_15-33-33-png.787926

I now have it on a longer Sears mat, yes it has some holes torn in it . I need to fix my seat and get rid of the RV blocks also have G29 wheel now, same pedals.

Back