How to take interior photos w/ Replay Photomode glitch

• Thread starter GrindyBeak
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
A while back I came across a bug that causes cars to continue moving when opening pohotmode in replay mode.

I was playing around with the bug and made a nice shot. But then I wanted to test if the car hitbox would go through the camera or if it would move it to the side. It didn't move it to the side so then I thought maybe when the replay finishes I could make the car go into the camera (Since the cars stopped at the finish line when the replay finished).

So now onto how to do it:

1) Turn on rewind

2) Choose a vehicle and spot you want to take the photo in.

3) Wait around near the spot and then drive into the spot.

4) Rewind all the way to give you time to setup the camera into where the car will drive into it.

5) Open up the replay and leave the Right Trigger pressed and click A on the photomode option

6) Move your camera to spot where the car will drive in and then you will be inside the car

Video Version

Proof
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Last edited:
all those details wasted for nothing but forzavista. just give us more freedom and you will get even more amazing photo's.

all those details wasted for nothing but forzavista. just give us more freedom and you will get even more amazing photo's.
Those details get minimized while in game to free up resosources. I haven't tried this glitch yet, but if you glitched into the cockpit in past games it was very apparent.

Those details get minimized while in game to free up resosources. I haven't tried this glitch yet, but if you glitched into the cockpit in past games it was very apparent.
I know but in photomode the cockpit gets lod0 wich shows every detail in the cockpit like autovista.

I know but in photomode the cockpit gets lod0 wich shows every detail in the cockpit like autovista.

IIRC Forzavista doesn't even use the lod0 model, it uses another model entirely. But I guess we won't know until somebody unpacks the 8th-gen Forza assets...

Photomode is exactly what I'm talking about. In game when you take photos it uses a lower LOD in the interior because they don't need to show it as detailed. This was the case in past games, but like I said, I have not tried it in this game.

Forzavista retains the quality, but that's because they allow you to get inside the car in that mode.

Back