How to tell what Spec GT5P disc I have?

• Thread starter davery
  • 7 comments
Hey Guys, hopefully someone can help. I've just spent all but an hour searching through the site trying to find the answer to my question, however I haven't been able to find it. So if it is posted somewhere else, sorry in advance but I did check.

I'm wondering if there's a way to work out which version disc of GT5P I have? I bought it 2nd hand so don't know for sure when it was originally purchased?

I've tried to narrow down the changes between origina/spec ii/spec iii but can't find the changes apart from "Added 34 cars" this doesn't help too much because I don't know WHICH cars, lol.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated

Chances are you'll have a spec II disc. Spec III will probably need to be downloaded, if you haven't already.

More info here

Welcome to :gtplanet:

Awesome, exactly what I was after, I'm Spec II like you said, F1 car is there but no Lotus Evora/Ferrari Cali/Citroen GT etc.

Now gotta move my ps3 close to my switch so I can start the download :|

Yea, SpecIII is a good download, or
you could just get the japanese version off Ebay,
because there one comes in blue-ray and all PS3's are
region free:)

Yea, SpecIII is a good download, or
you could just get the japanese version off Ebay,
because there one comes in blue-ray and all PS3's are
region free:)

Not sure bout that last part.
My friend took his American metal gear solid over and it couldn't play because of "region locks".

All you need is an account on the machine for the right region.

My US account uses Laguna Seca as a postal address. My Japanese one uses Polyphony Digital's offices :lol:

PS3s are regon-free for BluRay and PS3 games. Not for PS2 and PS1 games though.

Not sure bout that last part.
My friend took his American metal gear solid over and it couldn't play because of "region locks".
Hmmm... How Strange?
I have the US MGS4 LE and it works fine on my PAL 80GB.
And I have the Japanese GT5:P Spec III, and it is going fine, with no probs.
I wonder what might be going on?:scared:

EDIT:
Wait, Did your frend bring MGS1, 2 or 3?
Do you have 60GB?
That might be the reason...

All you need is an account on the machine for the right region.

My US account uses Laguna Seca as a postal address. My Japanese one uses Polyphony Digital's offices :lol:

PS3s are regon-free for BluRay and PS3 games. Not for PS2 and PS1 games though.

I use the same street address for all three. They must not use Google Earth to see if address is in the area's I say I live!

Last edited:
Back