How to: Top Gear Test Track " standing / grid start "

• Thread starter HN7
  • 24 comments

HN7

GTP_HN7
HN7
It seems that a lot of people still don't know how to do a standing start to try themselves against the Stig's time. Here's a how to:

-First you need to unlock the Test Track (get Gold in the Samba Bus challenge)
-Go to Community Tab, select My Lounge
-In the option menu, select the Test Track, select One Lap Race, select Grid Start
-Select the car you want in your Favorite Tab.
-Voila and have fun.

Last edited:
Basically, 👍
It would be nice to have a option to make a standing start without the need of being online:).

I'm kinda surprise that a lot people I met up online and on this forum still have no idea that this can be done. It just goes to show that in the case of GT franchise Offline>Online (for now anyway).
If I were a conspiracy nut, I'd say they did this (and many other options) on purpose so that you need to log in more often :lol:

How does one fix the issue of the online mode having different driving physics as compared to offline??

It's the same physic model for both on and offline. The reasons they're not consistent are:
-Tires wear
-Fuel depletion
-Lag

to get a realistic comparison to the times set by the stig, what tires would best match those on the cars during the show? do they use a consistent set of racing tires or just whatever the manufacturer had on the car leaving the factory?

to get a realistic comparison to the times set by the stig, what tires would best match those on the cars during the show? do they use a consistent set of racing tires or just whatever the manufacturer had on the car leaving the factory?

It's really hard to tell, 99% of the cars on the Powerboard is borrow car, either from the manufacture or private owner. What I do is just buy a car then go straight to the track (no oil change, full restore on used cars)

I thought of this some time ago too and was surprised to see it wasn't common knowledge. It takes just about the same amount of time to open a lounge as it does to load practice mode so it shouldn't make a difference. There's an added benefit to doing it online though, you can save/watch the replay and also take photos. ;)

Try a simple experiment: Choose one car, and take it online and offline. Same track. Same everything. Try flipping/rolling it. :)

That's pretty much exactly what I would have said, thanks.

The physics are most definately not the same online and offline.

Try a simple experiment: Choose one car, and take it online and offline. Same track. Same everything. Try flipping/rolling it. :)

That's pretty much exactly what I would have said, thanks.

The physics are most definately not the same online and offline.

I'll try it out. To be honest I don't play much online and when I do, I'll try to drive as clean as possible so maybe that's why I don't notice any difference.

Latest Posts

Back