How to transfer a non-editable downloaded wide body-livery to a normal body car.

• Thread starter Daxus
  • 5 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hi, yesterday I had an epiphany, yay.

When you download a wide body livery, you also download the aero and wheel setup that comes with it and that differs from the normal body's options, but you can always go into the livery editor, "create" a new livery and save it.

So my trick is to take a wide body version of the car you want to apply the livery to.

Then you download and/or apply the wide body livery to the wide body car.

Go into the livery editor ,"create design" and save that livery.

Go to your garage and select the same type, but normal body car.

Back to GT-Auto; livery editor. "Load Design" and select the livery you wanted to transfer and it's done!!

Sorry if this is know already, I used the search and also nobody I know, knew about this, so I hope it's helpful for some people even if it's obvious for others.

Cheers :)

This is a good trick to convert it and be able to do it with non-editible liverys but the only downside is that you need to have two of the same car to be able to convert the livery to non widebody.

It would be great if there was a way to do this without the need to already have a widebody version.

Great find though 👍🏻

Yes it does, the video shows that, but it doesn't let you edit them. You save them and apply to another non-wide body car.

Back