How to tune a drift car?

• Thread starter fumax39
  • 2 comments
Argentina
Buenos Aires
fumax39
Hello everybody. :)
I'm starting to get interested in drifting in GT2. I've never played the game that way but i find it very fun (aldo i just started trying 3 days ago). I wanna know, what is the best way to tune a car in order to use it for drifting?

So far i've been using this setup in a couple of cars. Buy i really dont know if it's the right way.
-Stage 2 Turbo kit
-Racing Intercooler
-Performance chip (computer)
-Semi Racing Suspension kit (still trying to figure this one out)
-Racing Mufler and air cleaner.
- Stage 1 Weight reduction
-Sim Tires (rear) and Medium Racing Slicks (front).

BTW i just joined this forum two days ago. Im really glad to find people that still play this game! Back when i first got my PS1 i wasn't a big fan of racing games. Now, almost 9 years later i'm loving GT2 and I'm starting to get very interested on cars, technical specs and all of that.

So there you go, I would appreciate any help with this.
See ya
👍

Firstly, this is better suited in the Tunings and Settings part of the GT2 forums...you may want to move it

Secondly, what car are you using? Some cars will just slide by themselves without any specific settings...mind you I don't use TCS or ASM, and careful throttle control is needed...and some people swear by the Toyota Sprinter Trueno/Corolla Levin AE86 for use when drifting, fully tuned I believe. Whether you go for an '83 or '85 it doesn't matter, but you can pick one up for peanuts in the used car lot...I don't really drift so I can't really help, but it's worth a try... :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Firstly, this is better suited in the Tunings and Settings part of the GT2 forums...you may want to move it

Secondly, what car are you using? Some cars will just slide by themselves without any specific settings...mind you I don't use TCS or ASM, and careful throttle control is needed...and some people swear by the Toyota Sprinter Trueno/Corolla Levin AE86 for use when drifting, fully tuned I believe. Whether you go for an '83 or '85 it doesn't matter, but you can pick one up for peanuts in the used car lot...I don't really drift so I can't really help, but it's worth a try... :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Well.. I'm trying a couple of cars. But i would love tips on that too. I've been using Mazda Rx-7 gtc, Lancer Evolution V, Civic Type-R. Maybe not the most popular drifting cars.

I'll try the AE86 next...i've heard good things about it. I'll post how it went .
see ya :D

Back