How to upload gradation svg properly?

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Kobayashiiii1
I havent been made decals for like half a year, and today I got some livery ideas and was trying to upload a decal contain multi-gradation/fade, I see some in game but when I uploaded it, it just turn to normal single-color svg. How to maintain the gradation?

This is what I was trying to upload
1689559063106.png

This is the result
1689559125325.png

I do remember there was a website using by Japanese to fix this problem, I used it but nothing works

Also I noticed that I actually uploaded a one-gradation svg and successfully worked. But this svg I wanted to upload has like 20 gradation parts.

Check out this post, might help. Post #622

Thx but I use only linear, which perfectly work on single gradient part svgs. But to this pic it just somehow didn't work. No copy and paste because every part the color fading the different way

Thx but I use only linear, which perfectly work on single gradient part svgs. But to this pic it just somehow didn't work. No copy and paste because every part the color fading the different way
Sadly, I don't use Inkscape, but I'd be curious to see the SVG file if you attached it to a post.

Its all about the way the Xml is written and the parts that GT cant understand so it ignores, In this case its the transform matrix on the gradients and maybe the clip paths transform but to a lesser extent. The annoying bit in fixing this is that almost everythings got transforms and clip paths so to fix the gradients you want to fix the other bits as well.

You are going to want to look at the Xml editor (Shift ctrl X). <Svg:defs id Is the definitions of the colours and gradient data and <Svg:g id Is the path data. Have a look around you might be here a while.

If you click on <Svg;g id="g4192"> you will see the id and the transform of the entire group of paths, Select the transform - delete the matrix and press set to see what it looked like before (Yes its upside down but thats the smallest problem atm)

Next lets get rid of the clip paths, Ungroup the group - Reselect - Release clip - delete the black stuff.

Now to fix the gradients, Unfortunately this bit sucks, I have looked around for ways to make this easy and have used https://gtswiki.manony-failure.tokyo/decal/fix-gradation.php? in the past but it doesnt seem to work atm, you said you had used it before maybe the url has changed idk but I would love a link, If you have it available try saving and running it through the fixer. If not then.

You are going to have to delete the transform matrix on each indiviual <svg:linearGradient id, This will place the gradient end stop nodes at their true posistion in the top right of the page. Move the nodes back to where you need them.

With some luck that should make it render properly ingame, As for turning it rightside up thats another saga thats best left to just spinning it around in the livery editor.

Its all about the way the Xml is written and the parts that GT cant understand so it ignores, In this case its the transform matrix on the gradients and maybe the clip paths transform but to a lesser extent. The annoying bit in fixing this is that almost everythings got transforms and clip paths so to fix the gradients you want to fix the other bits as well.

You are going to want to look at the Xml editor (Shift ctrl X). <Svg:defs id Is the definitions of the colours and gradient data and <Svg:g id Is the path data. Have a look around you might be here a while.

If you click on <Svg;g id="g4192"> you will see the id and the transform of the entire group of paths, Select the transform - delete the matrix and press set to see what it looked like before (Yes its upside down but thats the smallest problem atm)

Next lets get rid of the clip paths, Ungroup the group - Reselect - Release clip - delete the black stuff.

Now to fix the gradients, Unfortunately this bit sucks, I have looked around for ways to make this easy and have used https://gtswiki.manony-failure.tokyo/decal/fix-gradation.php? in the past but it doesnt seem to work atm, you said you had used it before maybe the url has changed idk but I would love a link, If you have it available try saving and running it through the fixer. If not then.

You are going to have to delete the transform matrix on each indiviual <svg:linearGradient id, This will place the gradient end stop nodes at their true posistion in the top right of the page. Move the nodes back to where you need them.

With some luck that should make it render properly ingame, As for turning it rightside up thats another saga thats best left to just spinning it around in the livery editor.
OK I'll put my fixed file here, which use the same website u say

Sadly, I don't use Inkscape, but I'd be curious to see the SVG file if you attached it to a post.
And I'll put the original one here

As you can see which is the fixed one through the file name. I'm still working on the solution Vectra4 said

Attachments

• fixed_Lightning-01 (1).svg
    11.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Lightning-01.svg
    13.3 KB · Views: 7
OK I'll put my fixed file here, which use the same website u say

And I'll put the original one here

As you can see which is the fixed one through the file name. I'm still working on the solution Vectra4 said
The fixed version has the transform matrix's of the gradients removed but the stop end nodes are down bottom left off of the page, I've yet to find a one button way of applying gradient transform matrixes so theres not much solution other then putting them back by hand I am afraid.

There is still a matrix on the group and the clip path stuff, I dont use clip paths as a rule so I dont know whether they pass the upload proper but with all the basic things it doesnt like it would suprise me.

The fixed version has the transform matrix's of the gradients removed but the stop end nodes are down bottom left off of the page, I've yet to find a one button way of applying gradient transform matrixes so theres not much solution other then putting them back by hand I am afraid.

There is still a matrix on the group and the clip path stuff, I dont use clip paths as a rule so I dont know whether they pass the upload proper but with all the basic things it doesnt like it would suprise me.
I see, maybe I'll let someone capable of handle this problem to fix it, I also post in the Decal request thread. It's a free public idea from a I-forgot-its-name-website, I just deleted some elements after all

Man I'm glad I don't use inkscape :lol:
What do you use if you don’t mind my asking? I find Inkscape to be a bit too overwhelming at times, I’m no expert though. Adobe’s still king but I don’t do this for a living that I’d be comfortable paying a fee continuously just to make some decals.

I also tried Vectornator on iPhone, and it’s not as smart at figuring out layer ungrouping and so that didn’t really work for me either.

What do you use if you don’t mind my asking? I find Inkscape to be a bit too overwhelming at times, I’m no expert though. Adobe’s still king but I don’t do this for a living that I’d be comfortable paying a fee continuously just to make some decals.

I also tried Vectornator on iPhone, and it’s not as smart at figuring out layer ungrouping and so that didn’t really work for me either.
Inkscape can control the verctor in a much easier way, it can move the end point with several different ways which in AI I only find the same thing in PS called Pen Tool and this thing is just one of the worst human invention like ever exist. I heard those Japanese can use websites to convert CGs to just 1-2 svgs, much better than what we use, but sadly none of those guys willing to tell me what they use

CorelDrawX3 from about 2006, which is a bit of a pain because it won't run on anything newer than Windows 7.

I don't like inkscape at all all and I positively hate illustrator. What you need to remember is that actually SVG's are fairly simple, and you only need a handful of tools to work with them. Apps like Illustrator are FAR too top heavy for their own good.

When the application takes what you've drawn, and writes it as XML, Corel offers (IMHO), the cleanest, most efficient code, which is one of the reasons I think it's so well suited to Gran Turismo decals.

I've been trying to get a new version so I can do away with the 2nd PC I have on my desk, but they REALLY rinse you for even basic features - you have to get the entire Corel Graphics Suite which is ~£65/month or ~£650 to buy, and at the moment I can't even get the demo version to open properly.

I have uploaded a decal recently that was made in Inkscape with multiple linear gradients.

It works if you click 'save as' and 'optimised SVG'.

I tried to upload it with different 'save as' options but after reading the thread that was linked a few posts back that was the result that worked.

The one on the left is saved as 'optimised SVG' and works in game.

The one on the right is saved as 'inkscape svg' and shows in the upload but appears black in game.

This was my first gradient decal too and not ran through any website optimisation just straight from Inkscape.

Hope this helps.

Oh and set the gradients last as if you move another node it breaks the gradients according to the linked thread above, I haven't tried that though as I did the gradients last.

Screenshot_20230724_202246_com.android.chrome_edit_313930187793243.jpg

If you watch the last replay I shared in game, the decal is on the back window 'TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup' #gazoo #pole #win

Hopefully helps you out

Last edited:
This is what helped me from the same thread linked earlier, post #980

Read the last part about saving as 'optimised SVG' and use the settings shown in the picture.

As mentioned in my last post, this worked first time for me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back