How to upload video on Youtube?

• Thread starter alphatomix
  • 20 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi guys, yesterday i made a very good race (from 18 to 5 in the maifacturer race) and i want to show it to a couple of friends (they don't own the game). I have saved the replay directly after the race but i don't know how to put in on a USB key or even upload it directly on youtube.
Do you know how to do? Thank you.

Hi guys, yesterday i made a very good race (from 18 to 5 in the maifacturer race) and i want to show it to a couple of friends (they don't own the game). I have saved the replay directly after the race but i don't know how to put in on a USB key or even upload it directly on youtube.
Do you know how to do? Thank you.

I dont think you can save it in USB (but not sure).
For Youtube you'll need to play the replay and use the "record" option and then upload it or use sharefactory (if you want to and upload it from there).I dont think there is a "direct" way to upload it from in-game to YT either way.

Of course you can. What gaming console would that be, if you couldn't save your precious videos on an external mass storage device. lol

If you press the SHARE button on your PS4 (twice) as you watch your replay, PS4 makes an .mp4 video file, that can be copied to an external USB drive.

For stopping recording, press the SHARE button twice again.

From there on, you can share it the way you want.

And it's pretty much straightforward. ;)

So, i have to go in my library and then press 2 times share, after that i press play and i have to let it go untill the end of the replay, at the end of the replay i press 2 times share. Is it right?
I there any other way to do it without watch all 17minutes of the race?

What is this "record" option Jules?

So, i have to go in my library and then press 2 times share, after that i press play and i have to let it go untill the end of the replay, at the end of the replay i press 2 times share. Is it right?
I there any other way to do it without watch all 17minutes of the race?

What is this "record" option Jules?

What @mark5917 wrote "If you press the SHARE button on your PS4 (twice) as you watch your replay, PS4 makes an .mp4 video file"
The option you have to "record"/save any kind of gameplay via this.

So, if i make a two hours race i have to watch it again and record with the share option? This is a waste of time. Why the game can't let you export the replay directly on the USB?

In the online manual i read this: "Export to USB Storage Device: Export the content to a USB storage device." but if i press triangle on the replay in "my library" i don't have this option...

So, if i make a two hours race i have to watch it again and record with the share option? This is a waste of time. Why the game can't let you export the replay directly on the USB?

In the online manual i read this: "Export to USB Storage Device: Export the content to a USB storage device." but if i press triangle on the replay in "my library" i don't have this option...

You have misunderstood the situation.

You don't have to watch anything. Just play the game and the same time capture your video footage.

SHARE Button works with any game for recording up to 1 hour of video footage.

You should exit the game then, and if you did it exactly as i mentioned on my previous post, then go to...as the video shows below.

If you wanna manipulate video footage, SHAREfactory has you covered.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/SHAREfactory-How-to-guide/td-p/21320871

>This is a waste of time.

It's not, it's as good as it gets. ;)

Yes, it's a waste of time. I dont know if i will do a great race or a boring One.

The game let you save the replay, why not export it directly from the game?

R
Yes, it's a waste of time. I dont know if i will do a great race or a boring One.

eplay is not a video file, it is basicaly a data containing and storing all elements of the race/time trial you saved. Therefore you can watch the replay from someone's elses behind. If you want a video, you need to use the share button, or setup the record externally for better outcome.

Because that's not a video file with the common meaning of a video file.

If you save it to the HDD, with the method i explained above, then you have an regular .mp4 file that you can save or manipulate as you fit. ;)

@alphatomix is right, you can save the race replay and the replay goes to "My library"

You may try to upload it to Youtube from there, but you'll miss all the advantages you have watching it in "My library" on PS4, like moving the camera from one player to another, analyzing other race details, so on and so forth !

Could someone please make clear the correct use of SHARE button?
If I want to save (as .mp4) 1-2 laps of a 10 lap race, what is the correct sequence of actions?
Let's say that I have finished a 10 lap race and I have saved the Replay. What's next?
After pressing SHARE button (from My Library etc), I see this menu but I don't know what to choose: Video Clip (red arrow) or Save video clip (the other red arrow)?
I tried to save (as .mp4) 1 lap of a 10 lap race but I also captured my navigation through the various screens of the game.
How can I select the start and finish of my capture?
Pressing SHARE button twice, nothing happened (or so I think).

Thank you!

dgdfgdfg.jpg

One press of the share button is enough, the PS4 always captures the latest 5/15/30/60 minutes depending on how long you've set the recording time.

So here's what you do when you want to upload a replay to youtube:
Watch the replay in GT Sport and once it's finished, press share button ONCE > press square to save video, video is now saved in the capture galley on your PS4.
Go to the video in the capture gallery, press options and trim your video to any desired length by selecting the start and end. Press ok and your new trimmed video is now saved in the capture gallery. Select the video, press share once > share/upload video > upload to youtube.
Simple as that.

FYI: same goes for any race you've finished. As soon as you finish the race, press share once and press square to save the video to your PS4's capture gallery.
Make sure recording time is set to 30 or 60 minutes so you capture the entire race.

Last edited:
So here's what you do when you want to upload a replay to youtube:
Watch the replay in GT Sport and once it's finished, press share button ONCE > press square to save video, video is now saved in the capture galley on your PS4.
Go to the video in the capture gallery, press options and trim your video to any desired length by selecting the start and end. Press ok and your new trimmed video is now saved in the capture gallery. Select the video, press share once > share/upload video > upload to youtube.
Simple as that.

Thank you for your help. The procedure is quite simple indeed.
One more question: how can I see the upload progress? Through the game or through the console menu?

I suppose I have to keep the console turned on for some time so the upload can be completed. Is that right?
Console can upload in rest mode. Check your settings to be sure that you have this feature enabled:
[Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode]

Thank you all for your guidance!
The procedure is the epitome of simplicity and works fine. I tested it succesfully. Although no notification has come yet, I verified the Upload status in Capture Gallery (file's Information tab).
:)

(...) Although no notification has come yet, I verified the Upload status in Capture Gallery (file's Information tab).
:)
The notification section only shows the upload progression ;)
Once a video has been uploaded it becomes "invisible" in the notification section, you don't get an actual notification when a video has been uploaded.
You can always check your previous uploads by going to the notification section, press 'options' and select 'uploads'.

Back