How to use cars from your own garage in split-screen mode?

United States
United States
I was going to play some split-screen with my brother in Gran Turismo 7, but then I realized that I can't use cars from my garage, which I could do in Gran Turismo Sport. Is there a reason for why I can't choose the cars we have in our garage?

Solution
You have to go to your garage, and favourite your cars by pressing triangle. They'll then appear in split screen for use.

Keep in mind if your brother uses one of your cars his mileage will also be put on the car unlike in sport where only player 1 (aka left screen) put miles on a car.
You have to go to your garage, and favourite your cars by pressing triangle. They'll then appear in split screen for use.

Keep in mind if your brother uses one of your cars his mileage will also be put on the car unlike in sport where only player 1 (aka left screen) put miles on a car.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, you do. That is in fact what PS Plus is for.
Some would say it is for collecting monthly games that they then never touch.
But in any case it is required for all online mulitplayer games, that is unless Sony is offering a PS Plus free period (which they occasionally do/did).

The only thing that doesn't require PS plus is the Time Trial competition (you can also participate in the qualification in the daily races if you just want to see how you compare to other players)

But in any case it is required for all online mulitplayer games, that is unless Sony is offering a PS Plus free period (which they occasionally do/did).
Some times some stores here offer 1-year PS Plus for 40% and sometimes even half the price. If you buy two of those subscriptions, you're basically getting one for free or almost nothing. I make sure to do this every time I have the chance. Paid 64€ for 2 years worth of PS Plus last year during Christmas, and the normal price is 60€ for 1 year. And the thing is that they do this every year, and sometimes even multiple times a year. It astounds me that exists so many people who buy these subs for their full price ... every time.

And also, you don't need PS Plus for qualifying or Time Trials, which is a good thing. But you do need it for playing against other players. Sony started to get jealous of Microsoft from raking up that money with the Online-pass and started doing the same for the PS4-era onwards. I think it even started at the end of the PS3-era IIRC.

Back