How To use your Wheel/DS3/PC Controller To Play PSP Games

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 4 comments

SiNiST3R

(Banned)
How To Configue your Wheel / DS3 / PC Controller with Remotejoy4iRS

This is a How To, to fill the gap of a good "How To" Get your Wheel/DS3/PC Controller working with Remotejoy4iRS & your PSP.

Q: What is "Remotejoy4iRS & what does it do?

A: It lets you Play your PSP games on your PC Full screen using your Wheel / DS3 / PC Controller

SORRY This is only for PSP's running Custom Firmware.

You will need the following things installed and running

Remotejoy4iRS (On your PC, there is no install process, simply run the remotejoy4iRS.exe and if the folders it needs are not already there (provided wit the DL) it will generate them on its own when you run the app for the first time.

Remotejoy4iRS Can be Downloaded Here http://dl.qj.net/RemoteJoy4iRS-Easy-GUI-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/14760/catid/151

Forget about Remotejoy lite, you need to get Remotejoy4iRS running through IRSHell (It has the extensions your going to need already ready)

IRSHEll This needs to be installed on your PSP And working.

IRSHell can be downloaded Here http://dl.qj.net/iR-Shell-v5.0-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/26680/catid/151

If you are running 550 GEN you will need the Patch found here http://dl.qj.net/iR-Shell-v5.0-patc...mebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/27758/catid/151

You will Also need one of the following to be configured

Wheel/DS3/PC Controller

Make sure your Wheel or DS3 is installed on your computer. If you are using the DS3 your going to need some drivers (not from Sony) installed to get it working.

To be sure they are working, open Control Panel\Classic View\Game Controllers\Properties and make sure the inputs are recognized.

Once you have the Controller\Wheel\ PC Controller recognized by your system and working, move on to Step 1.

Step 1
We need to find out what the number for each wheel/DS3/PC Controller buttons are (Like what number = what button on the wheel/DS3/etc) this is NOT the buttons assigned in the controller properties through the game pad properties in control panel. This is the number Remotejoy needs to map the control you want to use that button ;) .

Step 2
Run Remotejoy4iRS, when doing so it will create some files and folders around the app. the folder should look like so...

screen1-2.jpg

Step 3
Inside the folder that the Remotejoy4iRS App is located Go into the folder "FILES\JOY UTILS" & copy the app "Joytest.exe" & Paste it inside the "MS_ROOT" Folder

It should look like so...

Untitled-7.jpg

Step 4
Run the "Joytest.exe" app and the following window should appear...

screen2-4.jpg

Step 5
Get your note pad out. With the previous window displayed, press a button on your wheel or controler & HOLD IT. When doing so the number next to "buttons" inside the window should change from 0 to the number for whatever button/pedal/shifter movement your are making.

When pressing a button it will show the number for the button & should look like so...

screen3-4.jpg

You need to press every button & mark down the number for each button.

Once your done and you have all the numbers for your buttons, move on to the next step.

Step 6
Open Remotejoy4iRS\MS_ROOT folder. Inside right click on the "Joy1" Map file & open it with Note Pad.

You should have a open Note Pad file that looks like so...

screen4-3.jpg

Step 7
ANALOGUE inputs DS3 Joy Sticks & Wheel

For the DS3 Simply change the the numbers to this..

DIGITAL_X=3
DIGITAL_Y=4
ANALOG_X=1
ANALOG_Y=2

This will make the Left stick act as the Nubb joystick, and the Right stick will control the D-Pad. There is no way to Map the D-Pad to the D-Pad as its only recognized as buttons. So you can map r trigger to the D-pad up button, but you cant map D-Pad up to D-pad up. However the right stick will act as a D-pad anyways.

If you want to switch the 2 sticks (make the right stick control the Nubb joy stick, and the left stick control the D-Pad) use the following numbers instead.

DIGITAL_X=1
DIGITAL_Y=2
ANALOG_X=3
ANALOG_Y=4

For the Wheel, you will have to try them both.

If

DIGITAL_X=1
DIGITAL_Y=2
ANALOG_X=3
ANALOG_Y=4

Doesn't work, try...

DIGITAL_X=3
DIGITAL_Y=4
ANALOG_X=1
ANALOG_Y=2

Step 8
Button Configuration

Inside the Note Pad file you simply change the number next to the button you want Remotejoy to use when you press that button.

Example

If the number you were given for the X (Cross) button on your DS3 or Wheel is "1234" you change the text in the note pad to reflect this like so

CROSS=16384

Goes to

CROSS=1234

Its very important to ONLY edit the number MANUALLY, DO NOT create spaces where there were none, and do not copy the number into the note pad. HIGHLIGHT the number you want to change and enter the new number in with the number pad. (copy / paste here can cause issues)

Step 9
Adjusting the Deadzone And Sensitivity

Inside the note pad there are also configurations for Deadzone & Sensitivity. Simply adjust the number to your liking. Here is what I find good for the DS3.

ANALOG_DEADZONE=13
DIGITAL_TOL=29

Save the File and restart Remotejoy4iRS

You might need to play with it for the Wheel, & or simply adjust this to your own preference.

Enjoy using your Wheel/DS3/PC Controller with Remotejoy to play your PSP

Last edited:
Thank you so very much for this, Sinister! I spent so much time yesterday trying to get this to work... it seems I didn't have IRShell on my PSP - that's the missing link. I'll try to do this tonight or tomorrow (I'm busier than I thought I'd be today) and let you know if it worked.

Thanks again!!

:)

Thank you so very much for this, Sinister! I spent so much time yesterday trying to get this to work... it seems I didn't have IRShell on my PSP - that's the missing link. I'll try to do this tonight or tomorrow (I'm busier than I thought I'd be today) and let you know if it worked.

Thanks again!!

No Prob!

I added download links for the files your going to need, Make sure to use the Provided files (Important to use Remotejoy4iRS & NOT Remotejoy or Remotejoy lite)

Ill help you install IRSHell also (Oh yeah, IRSHell is INCREDIBLE and one of the most useful Homebrew apps out for the PSP)

Cheers Good luck, and don't worry Ill make sure you get it running right

Does IRShell require you to flash it or does just sit in a folder on your memory stick?

I can't the IRShell v5.00 as that is for the PSP Slim... but I grabbed version 4.92, so that should work for my phat PSP.

I'm glad you mentioned a patch for 5.50 Gen CFW - I would have overlooked that!

One more question - does IRShell autoboot when the PSP starts or do you have to open it with button presses? Remember, I can't properly use any of my bottom row buttons (home, note, volume, screen brightness, etc.). Though if it allows you to remap, I could reassign it.

Does IRShell require you to flash it or does just sit in a folder on your memory stick?

I can't the IRShell v5.00 as that is for the PSP Slim... but I grabbed version 4.92, so that should work for my phat PSP.

I'm glad you mentioned a patch for 5.50 Gen CFW - I would have overlooked that!

One more question - does IRShell autoboot when the PSP starts or do you have to open it with button presses? Remember, I can't properly use any of my bottom row buttons (home, note, volume, screen brightness, etc.). Though if it allows you to remap, I could reassign it.

IRSHELL CAN be set to auto boot, but by Default it is not, there is a launch Icon under games (it can also be put into a category folder if your PSP is running "Game Categories" pluggin)

One file sits on the MS root, the other goes in to the games folder to launch it.

Yeah IRSHell 3.71 and up should work fine.

Just put the "IRSHELL" folder on the root of your MS and the other in the game folder.

Launch it, then from inside the IRSHell program you can access the files on your memorystick go into the IRSHell\Patch\5.50 folder (This is where you should of saved the patch) and run the patch from there. it takes a sec and your good to go.

However you do need to go into the IRShell settings and change the UMD Driver to NoUMD M33 or SONY NP9660.

Then access your memorystick from IRSHEll go into your ISO folder and launch whatever game you want to play.

To play through Remotejoy4iRS, run the Remotejoy4iRS app on your PC, all and you will get the Remotejoy window opened up. Then On your PSP Run IRShell, once its loaded there will be a screen full of icons, toggle the USBHost and the screen should be displayed in the Remotejoy window. On the right side there is a Fullscreen button, just hit that.

If your Wheel\DS3\PC Controller is connected it will have control of the PSP :)

REMEMBER 5.55, 6.00, & 6.10 games will need to be decrypted for 500m33 to run through IRSHell. The decryption process only takes 5min.

Its weird though, setting this up is actually something people have been keeping close to there chest, as if they don't want real competition, they would rather keep the advantage of using the a wheel or a PS3 DS3 to themselves.

Last edited:
Back