HOW TO WIN NASCAR CHAMPIONSHIP

• Thread starter smitty33
  • 10 comments
Since it's equal cars you could potentially beat the AI with a completely default set-up (since the AI run default set-ups), but nonetheless here's some simple set-up tips to make things easier;

Daytona: Minimum downforce, 320-330 km/h gearing. 330 will make it easier to take the lead initially, but 320 will make it easier to stay in the lead once you're there. The easiest strategy is to battle your way to the front of the pack early on, then block the inside line for the rest of the race, relying on the AI's poor overtaking skills to win.

Willow Springs: High downforce, 320km/h gearing. Like soupcan said, you can use 100% power for this race and the next one.

High Speed Ring: Medium downforce, longer gears (340km/h).

Motegi: Medium downforce, short gears (300km/h).

Indianapolis: Low-Medium downforce, 320km/h gearing.

As for spring rates, as a general rule run them stiffer on the three ovals to get better turn-in, but softer on the 'road courses' for better low-speed traction. An oil change isn't required to win, but can give you an extra boost if you need it.

If you still needed help on these events, I hope this post provided the help you were looking for.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think Medium-High downforce would work better at High Speed Ring, because you have 100% power and the course is just as much high speed corners as it is high speed straights. Rest of my advice stays the same.

Last edited:
Since it's equal cars you could potentially beat the AI with a completely default set-up (since the AI run default set-ups), but nonetheless here's some simple set-up tips to make things easier;

Daytona: Minimum downforce, 320-330 km/h gearing. 330 will make it easier to take the lead initially, but 320 will make it easier to stay in the lead once you're there. The easiest strategy is to battle your way to the front of the pack early on, then block the inside line for the rest of the race, relying on the AI's poor overtaking skills to win.

Willow Springs: High downforce, 320km/h gearing. Like soupcan said, you can use 100% power for this race and the next one.

As for spring rates, as a general rule run them stiffer on the three ovals to get better turn-in, but softer on the 'road courses' for better low-speed traction. An oil change isn't required to win, but can give you an extra boost if you need it.

If you still needed help on these events, I hope this post provided the help you were looking for.
Thank you very much, its easy when you know how.

Nascar was the only set i couldn't win any of the races to save my life, since reading your comment ive won them with ease. surprising what a little tweak can do.

Last edited:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think Medium-High downforce would work better at High Speed Ring, because you have 100% power and the course is just as much high speed corners as it is high speed straights. Rest of my advice stays the same.

i'm gonna try this out
the Daytona one was frustrating,couldn't win it in a-spec mode so i did that in b-spec mode.
maybe i can do it when i use this tip.

Read somewhere that using SRF on Daytona is a good move, reducing the chance of getting spun out when you make any contact with the AI. Will try out your setup with the SRF on and see how I get on. Got extremely frustrated sitting in 16th not being able to catch up after being spun on the second bend first lap each time...

At Daytona, I used to draft to get up front immediately and then find a spot in the turns where they couldn't possibly pass me right or left. Of course this was after dozens and dozens of runs, then it became easy to win by .100 to .300 of a second race after race. The AI cars would screw themselves up by basically having to change positions time and time again. It was so funny. I used various model cars at Daytona with not much downforce and I geared to have the highest top speed. They could only close on me near the turns and simply couldn't pass after I found they could only take a certain line. No way they could pass on the right without losing speed. Sometimes I'd even get a nice little love tap from behind to help speed me up. Whenever I got bored I'd go to Daytona just to get some laughs at humiliating the AI cars. Occasionally I could leave them far behind but they'd always catch up eventually due to drafting. Winning even by 1 second is difficult. I took the same line lap and lap and it always worked unless I messed up. Eventually you do need to refresh your engine if you run enough races.

Everyone complains about Daytona, when it's Willow Springs that I find impossible. Driven it many times in A-Spec and many times in B-Spec, but I have only once made it ahead of the eighth car. Is a steering wheel the only chance I have?

cjr
Everyone complains about Daytona, when it's Willow Springs that I find impossible. Driven it many times in A-Spec and many times in B-Spec, but I have only once made it ahead of the eighth car. Is a steering wheel the only chance I have?
I finally did it. Souped up the ride according to someone's extreme recipe, entered B-Spec and basically rode the Overtake button the whole way. But only won because the other car spun out slightly in the last corner.

Latest Posts

Back