How to you get access to additional upgrades in the custom upgrade menu?

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 4' started by huiop2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. huiop2

huiop2

This is a question that I've got since many years but was too lazy to ask...When I search for a tune for a car I often see tunes with stats waaaaay beyond what's possible to achieve for me in the custom upgrade menu for. For example when I try to increase the power of my Ferrari F40 Competizione I can't really increase it beyond 550KW (which is the stock power) or whatever that is in BHP, no matter what upgrades I choose in the menu. But a glance at other people's tunes I see the exact same car with 888KW...which makes me think there must be some additional upgrades which I don't have access to. But I'm probably wrong and I really don't know how they can do that.

2. strela

strela

Have you tried swapping the engine? Just swap to racing V12 and buy all the upgrades.

3. huiop2

huiop2

Thanks. Swapping to V12 did the trick. I didn't know I would get so many new upgrade options after the swap. I always thought it would only increase the power by a little bit.

4. ClydeYellow

ClydeYellow

You also get all the tuning options related to the engine you're fitting in - in this case, you should be able fit twin-turbos to the V12, IIRC (while the standard V8 found in the F40C already has them).