How will GT7 even add new races?

United States
They/Them
Autumnal_Glow
AutumnalGlow
The World Circuits menu is not in any way going to be good for navigating a large selection of races. At 93 it's tolerable, but if we want a proper GT singleplayer we'd have what, 800 or more? Many different series of races, with multiple races inside.

I don't have a Gran Turismo screenshot on hand, so here's an example from Forza Motorsport 3, which is heavily inspired by Gran Turismo anyway:
1647478937807.png

This is usable. You can navigate this menu and find what you want. With hundreds of races scattered randomly around the World Circuits menu, it's going to be extremely difficult to find what you want. Entering and exiting every circuit just to check if the car you're in is eligible for anything.

For Polyphony to add more races, there will need to be a serious restructuring of the career mode. The cafe will either dump a ton of races on you after its extended tutorial, or there will be more of the cafe to keep guiding you along in Polyphony's idea of how you should progress. The menu system will absolutely need to be changed.

This game does not seem like it was made to accompany a lot of content. If the current races were styled like in that FM3 screenshot, they'd fill about a column. The World Circuits menu and the cafe books hide just how few races there really are, but it hides this fact poorly. Once you've finished the last book, you realize just how little there is to do.

But people who haven't finished all of the books tend to not notice this, because it's still guiding them along with new cars, new races, new unlocks. I didn't notice it until that point, and I'm not alone there.

So how will Polyphony fix this? Will they restructure the entire career mode? Or is their goal really to just add some more races and call it a finished game?

Because the current UI only looks like it can hold 6 races, and I don't think any tracks go above that limit:
1647479428598.png

And I worry that this is their goal. 6 races per track.

They could just add a new menu location like they did with GTS, with GT League or whatever it’s called.
Honestly they could have simply copied that over from GTS (with the exact same payouts) and none of us would be complaining.

God PD make my head spin with their ignorant stupidity 🙄

Completely agree, there's really not a whole lot of game left once you're done with the menu books. Maybe they could add a scroll bar to the "available event races" part of the UI to include more than 6 races, but that'd be kind of clunky.

I honestly don't know why they went with single races separated by track, anyway. It makes it feel like there's a real lack of structure. What was wrong with having it separated by championship as in past GT games?

How often can we expect new content?? I am extremely disappointed career mode has no trademark endurance races.
We don't know. Polyphony hasn't told us their plans for new content beyond the fact that there will be some amount of it, at some point in time.

We don't know. Polyphony hasn't told us their plans for new content beyond the fact that there will be some amount of it, at some point in time.

Ah! Well hopefully career endurance races come back!

Seems pretty obvious that they never intended there to be a whole lot more races. As is evident by the UI. There is not a lot of room for anything. I can't believe this would be an oversight. If they planned to add a heap more races they would have made room for it one would think.... but who knows, PD make some odd decisions.

The World Circuits menu is not in any way going to be good for navigating a large selection of races. At 93 it's tolerable, but if we want a proper GT singleplayer we'd have what, 800 or more? Many different series of races, with multiple races inside.

I originally had this thought, but then sat back for a minute. What happens when you select a circuit? It brings up another selection screen of the actual event you want to race. What happens when there's more than 3? It does this magical thing called scrolling.

Guess what your right stick can do? It can act like a cursor. Guess what a cursor can do? Scroll through a menu. This whole "6 events per track" thing is kinda goofy if you just think about it. If there's more than 6 you can just scroll through the list on the world view, then scroll through the events in the event view of the selected track.

So with all this scrolling I can see one eventual outcome - they'll add more until it becomes unwieldy to scroll through everything, then hopefully finally pull their heads out of their rears and make a proper event selection menu for the love of all things holy. Something akin to GT League, or better yet, the GO RACE menu from GT1.

If they do limit each course to only 6 events though I'll eat my words.

Last edited:
Because the current UI only looks like it can hold 6 races, and I don't think any tracks go above that limit:
I think the limit on the current UI is actually nine - there's room for another three races at the bottom there.

I suspect there will be a UI restructuring, like when "Spec II" appeared previously. The current layout is very limited in what it can accommodate, but a UI redesign isn't without precedent.

The World Circuits section will remain, so that if you want to drive a specific track, you can go in and select from a few available races, along with Time/Drift Trials and Meeting Places. This could potentially have a further split to select a layout first – so you can specify the version you want to drive with out having to check each race – then you'd have a potential nine races on each layout before you'd need to rethink the UI or add an option to scroll down.

The Championships which are listed at the bottom, could then be moved to their own "Pavilion" in a structure which makes more sense, eg, Sunday Cup, Clubman series at the top, working your way down to brand-specific, GT4, GT3, GT2, GT1, National, Continental, World and all of the big endurance and "Like the Wind" championships that we KNOW are coming at some point.

The Championships which are listed at the bottom, could then be moved to their own "Pavilion" in a structure which makes more sense, eg, Sunday Cup, Clubman series at the top, working your way down to brand-specific, GT4, GT3, GT2, GT1, National, Continental, World and all of the big endurance and "Like the Wind" championships that we KNOW are coming at some point.
I hope they do something like this. But one thing I know for sure is with PD, we never really know anything. ;)

They have to give us at least something we want because they're in the business of selling a game for profit. If they don't listen to their fans, then less profit.

I'm very glad there are custom races in every location, not just many of them as in GT Sport, so that's one thing. Payouts could be higher, but that's a bonus for me. I just race custom races for the fun. Hopefully when this patch gets sorted, everything will be more like it should be and cars will drive more sensibly.

Last edited:
But one thing I know for sure is with PD, we never really know anything. ;)
Very true. When I woke up this morning, I certainly couldn't have predicted them trying to put out an update which deliberately made the racing part of their "car collecting sim" less rewarding, stepping up the drive towards MTX despite the huge backlash it was drawing online, and somehow breaking the whole game in the process. #kazknowsbest

I expect a huge rework,kind of a 2.0 version of the game,whenever the AI comes out, at least proper qualy+ grid start races.
If that’s not the case then I will be really disappointed.

Back