How'd you handle the races 1st time through?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 7 comments
  • 536 views

Did you overpower Career mode or take the Challenge?


  • Total voters
    29
Messages
1,973
United States
Florida - USA
Messages
Flsurffisher
Some of us have gone through the career mode races overpowering the AI drivers just to get through it. Some of us have made it a challenge and driven lower PP cars. Some of us have done a combination of the two. Lets see what the percentages are. I know I overpowered most and challenged a few. Now that I'm at Super I'm going for the challenge.

This is a two part question: Select two answers A-D, then 1,2 or 3
 
D+2 Im looking for a challenge... at least most of the time!
 
I went with lower PP on almost all the races up to IA where I did use my R18 on the races with an LMP in the lineup.

I then went back later with a lower PP car and ran them again

All in all I would say I ran 95% with a car that was at least 50 pp lower than the AI was using and in some cases 100 pp or more lower than the AI
 
I overpowered some races,but not...consiously. Like,I enter my garage,and just pick a car that's eligeble. I don't downtune it just for challenge,but I don't upgrade it for an easy win either.
 
Glad to see this community isnt filled with "100% HP AND NOT GIVE A SHT" attitude. Either way, I put my vote in.
 
Mostly lower PP here. Will look forward as to how low it can go to in later re-runs looking for fun and challenge. Unless if I end up short on credits where I will then go for the quick fix.
 
went MAX PP most of the time (but not always)... I would love to play lower PP cars but the career mode isn't very fun when I feel like I'm playing Madden instead of Gran Turismo... it's annoying to get continuously punted off the road by AI... first contact and I'm bouncing off their car into a sticky wall while they don't even flinch...

I really understand the idea behind it... PD wants to discourage us from plowing through the field but it gets annoying sometimes to get continuously punted by AI... I understand, sometimes it's my fault and I miss-judged the trajectory... but 90% of the time they either toss me off the road when I'm on the inside and they are cutting in from the outside (they can't see me there or what?) or they just straight up come up from behind and PIT me on the straightaway... I'm at a point where I fully expect them to pull up to me and cap my @$$ with an Uzi GTA style...
 
I go as low as possible with the pp and tyres and thoroughly enjoy the racing, even being beaten when it's been a really close race and I think the aggresive AI make it interesting, in a lot of the races I have to use blocking tactics that should get me black flagged to win. I've had in one race I got a win being pushed sideways over the line by the car I was trying to block and in another I got third being pushed backwards by another car after being spun by one of two cars I was trying to block. Very enjoyable racing :D
 
Back