How's your QTS tuning for 650 points going?

BreakerOhio
I'm tunning the following cars.

Amuse s2000 GT1.
Honda NSX-R
Lotus Elise 111R tuned version

With the 650points to tune for online racing, this increases your options.
Depending on how tuned they already are, you might have to detune the HP to meet the 650points and get some QTS points to tune other things like weight, tires, and aero.

This is a lot of fun. I've been trying to perfect the cars with the 650 points allowed.

I'm still working on the S2000. It's impossible to meet the 650 points and get into R compound tires. Which is making it hard to corner against other cars that get into R compound tires.

Don't know if this was an oversight on PD's part (the amount allowed to detune the S2000 need to be greater). There needs to be a patch to make this possible. To undo more of the car's power to get credits to obtain R tires with this car and 650 point limit.

In a way, it's been fun working on suspension to compensate for the lack of R tires. I'm learning a lot doing it, but I think the amount allowed to detune the tuned cars should provide enough refund in QTS points to get into R tires for a 650 point race.

i'm concentrating on the 111r. I've tried 2 totally different approaches and ended up the same laptimes. So i need to either combine the two to gain at least another 2 seconds on my time i hope or my third idea is to max the settings for understeer as I have a feeling thats what has been done to get the fast times.

i'm concentrating on the 111r. I've tried 2 totally different approaches and ended up the same laptimes. So i need to either combine the two to gain at least another 2 seconds on my time i hope or my third idea is to max the settings for understeer as I have a feeling thats what has been done to get the fast times.

You tunning the stock 111r?
You should try the tuned concept version.

I wish there was an option of copying a setting over into another save block.
We are allowed three saves. A, B, and C.

Sometimes I feel that I just want to tweek A a bit, and would like the choice of copying A into B so I can retain the way A is and modify B by starting off where A was. This way I can make the changes, go back and compare.

I'm on it bud.

Moved as requested.

This is a really interesting topic. I have yet to purchase my copy (I live in the US), so I am very interested to see what you come up with. Be sure to post detailed settings when you find the sweetspot.

;)

The elise is pretty good, I dont think you can realistically make the s2000 good enough in corners with 650pp

Yea. I can't reduce it's spec enough to get refund back on QTS points to get better tires than S2.

Other cars in the game can equip R tires and that's gives you a big edge for course like Suzuka Circuit.

Hopefully, they patch the game and allow detuning option to be greater so at least for the Amuse S2000 I trade some power and weight for more QTS points to equip some R tires in these 650QTS limit races.

i find that the evo IX and X(both tuner versions) are very good once tuned better. I also tryed the STI Spec C RA (dont know why they didn't put an RA-R on there). The evos are faster but the sti is funner, you can acctually get it sideways in the turns.

I dont like the 111R tuned version, it feels like cheating, its too fast and everyone uses it.

I dont like the 111R tuned version, it feels like cheating, its too fast and everyone uses it.

I agree. I don't like using the 111R tuned car much either. I do sometimes, when everyone on the grid is using them, but it's not as fun nor satisfying to be driving in the front of the pack with such a fast car so far ahead of everyone, it defeats the purpose of racing with other people.

Well, the Tuned Elise does not drive itself, chances are that if someone in this car is smashing you, he is a better driver anyway.
I got a Tuned Elise, my lap times got down by a couple of seconds compared to a F430, but some people still pwn me, and I'm more than 2 seconds away from top 3 in online ranking.
If we all drive the same car, it will be the ultimate challenge for drivng skills, and I think that the "spirit" of competition would be at its best. Boring maybe, but fair.

Disagree. You can have two equally good drivers. One doing 2:02s on Suzuka in a tuned Elise and one doing 2:06s in an NSX. The Elise is too good. I hope they balance it out.

Breaker's right - the ability to copy across settings from one of the three settings save slots to another would be a simple and very useful addition.

Disagree. You can have two equally good drivers. One doing 2:02s on Suzuka in a tuned Elise and one doing 2:06s in an NSX. The Elise is too good.

Or you can have 3 equally good drivers and the third has a stock Cappuccino, and will go 2.30 in Suzuka. That's why we have 71 cars and not only 1.
Elise is buyable by everybody. If it's too good just buy one. It's a very good car, especially in the PP650 races, maybe it's the best car in the game, but it's HARD to drive (much harder than the NSX or the Evo), and driven properly it's faster. But still it does not race by itself.
I can easily beat the Elise with another car if the driver is not skilled.
Or scrap the F2007 from the game then? It is way too good, isn't it?
This reminds me of some World of Warcraft players ranting about some classes being too strong.

The ability to get into R tires is neccessary to be competitive on Suzuka Circuit with 650pp.
Due to the limits of how far I can detune this car, I cannot get the Amuse S2000 GT1 under 650pp and into R tires. I hope they fix this soon.

The best I can do is get this car into S2 tires and be under 650pp.
At least allow this car S3 tires. It would make it more competitive online.
Equipping S3 tires on this car with ever other option set at the max return for QTS points, i'm just shy of 650pp. S3 tires puts this car at 653pp.

GRRRRrrrrr.....

Hi guys, my 1st post and probably a daft question, but here goes.

I love racing games and i love GT5! The one area im no too comfortable with is tuning the car as i have NO idea on how the mechanics work. I used to play Forza 2 on my m8's x360 and i got into tuning cars on that but there was a very easy to follow guide, and before i knew it i was master mechanic!

However i find GT5's tuning a whole lot different and im not even sure where to begin tbh. Do you guys just tune away until u find the right setup or are you guys all clued up on what needs changing and change it as you see fit ?

Any help would be appreciated.

However i find GT5's tuning a whole lot different and im not even sure where to begin tbh. Do you guys just tune away until u find the right setup or are you guys all clued up on what needs changing and change it as you see fit ?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have an idea what I want when I'm tuning.
I had not been a big fan of tuning in previous GTs, because I appreciated learning to drive the cars stock, but I think because they included the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo in this game, I own an S2000 in real life, so I had to mess with the tuning to get the car to handle the way I like it to since the Amuse S2000 GT1 came tuned.

Anyways, I've spent a lot of time tuning this car and I'm very satisfied with the results of tuning. I was able to shave 2 seconds off my fastest time doing suspension tunes alone. So it's pretty fun and rewarding.

Back