HP loss

  • Thread starter Thread starter whatupdet
  • 4 comments
  • 1,511 views
Messages
131
I tried the search feature and FAQ but is there any limit on how much HP your car will lose over many thousands of miles without an oil cange? I've noticed after buying used cars and after running my Minolta for about 800-1200 miles at a time without an oil change that I may get a HP boost of anywhere between 3-118HP from an oil change so far depending on car, horse power and mileage. I'm just wondering if the car will hit a limit of how much it'll lose before it hangs around that number forever until you get an oil change?
Also when you change the oil will it always bring it back to when it was brand new or does that continue to get lower as more miles are piled on?
Thanks
 
There is a point where the car will not lose any more hp, then you can change the oil and it will go up a little and then go back that bottom limit again. You don't need to worry about a 200bhp car ever ending up with a maximum output of 80bhp, though that can happen in real life over long periods of time, the game limits the effect to about 20% of the cars power, so a 200bhp car may at the very most lose 40bhp, though that's a rough estimate.

As for the oil change, no it doesn't always take the power back to new, this isn't based on how much power you've lost at the moment, but on how many miles the engine has done, after a while you'll notice that and oil change doesn't take the power to wheer it use to take it to, and that will reduce bit by bit until it hit's a limit where the power will from then on always go to that level after an oil change, it's usually about 10% less than the cars original maximum power, so that 200bhp car will eventually max out at maybe 180bhp after an oil change and 160bhp when it really needs one. Again that's an estimate used for the example, but I hope that helps.
 
live4speed
explanation

Yes that helps, thanks. I was just looking for rough estimates and if it's consistent and it seems you answered that well.
 
This sounds different to the usual "HP loss with mileage" question, and is a significant question when considering a 24hr race (assuming you're not competing in the FGT)

If there is a limit, then it should show over the course of a 24 hour race. If someone quits at 12 hours and their HP drop is the same as it would have been over 24 hours, then the answer would be yes, there is a bottom limit to power degradation due to lack of oil change

Unfortunately I can't tell you the answer because I do not know :dopey:
 
Alfaholic
If there is a limit, then it should show over the course of a 24 hour race. If someone quits at 12 hours and their HP drop is the same as it would have been over 24 hours, then the answer would be yes, there is a bottom limit to power degradation due to lack of oil change

I don't think it affects during the race as I always noticed I produce better laps hours and hours into long endurance races than at the beginning, but at the end when you finish or quit your horsepower has dropped.
 
Back