HP oddity

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 4 comments
  • 475 views

seadog777

Premium
Messages
3,014
Malaysia
Iskandar
Messages
seadog777
I couldn't help but buy yet another Bentley 8 today (3rd one) after updating and seeing how cheap it was in the OCD.... and with 0 miles too!!

It has 785 HP at 6000 rpm, PP708. So, that must be the benchmark, stock with 0 miles.

The first one I bought has been modded to 870 HP, 721PP.

The second one I bought from the UCD is "stock" and I just recently did a rebuild. It is 824 HP, 715PP.

How did it get from 785 to 824? The rebuild surely can't make it better than new... or can it??

Any ideas?
 
Engine run in.
 
Depends on type of car. But at a guess I would say yes.
Perform an oil change on the new 0/0 car and run it a couple hundred miles and with that much bhp to start with then another 50 or so shouldn't be out of the question.
 
Depends on type of car. But at a guess I would say yes.
Perform an oil change on the new 0/0 car and run it a couple hundred miles and with that much bhp to start with then another 50 or so shouldn't be out of the question.

Wow... I didn't think it made a big difference.

Thanks.
 
Back