HP Reverb G2

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 8 comments

Corsa

Premium
United States
United States
Took delivery this past weekend, after a lengthy wait.
Even running a 2060 super this headset so far has exceeded my expectations and was well worth that wait. The resolution is incredible, really something every sim racer should experience.
I’m looking for others to share thoughts, settings, tips or ideas with.

I want one too, I mean an HMD. But I don't know which one to get.

1. Valve Index
  2. HP reverb G2

I actually prefer the Reverb but the FOV of the Index is what makes this VR thing interesting.

Both are great.
All the buzz about the G2 I can verify is true, it’s very good for about half the asking price of the Index. It is the lightest, most comfortable, best sounding, highest resolution headset I’ve tried. I actually like it better than the Index.
I’ve done the “frankenfov” mod which removes the stock face gasket (just pulls out easily) and installing a Samsung Odyssey+ gasket. Took me 5 minutes and $25, fov increased to just over 100.

I don't know. The FOV seems to be a little bit off-putting. It is solely for simracing.

I saw a few youtube clips about the franken fov mod last night and I was not impressed at all. All this trouble for a few degrees of FOV, I don't know.

Is it true that the image is blurry at the edges of the lenses? I mean when you look outside of the sweet spot.

Mine is blurry at the very outer edges when you turn your eyes only. I don’t notice it too much as I always turn my head to look.
It was the same with the Rift S and the Samsung odyssey+ I had.
Agreed the mod only gains a few FOV, but when two 4K screens are that close to your eyes it makes a noticeable difference

My previous two headsets weren’t enough to drag me away from the triples, since I’ve had the G2 I haven’t used my triples.

Does the low FOV bother you in racing sims?

No I can see what I need to see and that’s the track and other cars. I’m faster with VR than with triples.
Something like a FPS or if we could use VR in red dead redemption, the lower FOV would really bother me.
But I only sim race these days so it’s perfect for my needs.

Last edited:
No I can see what I need to see and that’s the track and other cars. I’m faster with VR than with triples.
Something like a FPS or if we could use VR in red dead redemption, the lower FOV would really bother me.
But I only sim race these days so it’s perfect for my needs.
Begs the question then; why are you selling them?

Begs the question then; why are you selling them?

Selling all high end sim kit, and a 2017 Dodge Charger as I need additional funding for an amateur racing initiative.
Trying to build a second Ducati and upgrade my trailer situation which at the moment is quite bad.

Back