HPA Stage 2 R32 1/4 mile Tune help

• Thread starter Teamvwgti
  • 15 comments
United States
United States
teamsubaru503
Launches hard, spins all 4 initially, timed it just under 10 seconds. I beat corvettes, vipers, even most GTR's off the line, however Im always passed between 3rd/4th gear. Sometimes I could lose horribly, other times I'm bumper to bumper crossing the finish line as they're passing me. I have done nothing in way of tuning other than lowering ride height for track use cornering. Any input would be appreciated. I want a car that can stand up with the top 10, but not everyone is driving one.

Most likely its the car not the tune. It may run with R32s and R33s but thats it. I have also heard its a hard car so it could be a mixture of the both.

Did some suspension tuning, was able to shave a whole second off my 1/4 time. 9 seconds @140mph average currently give or take. Making progress. Now I just need to figure out my transmission

1st-3rd are perfect for launch and acceleration within the power range, however it seems to not necessarily bog down going into 4th, I just know it could have more pull considering it's a 770hp car and I have 2 gears left crossing the finish line that have plenty of pull. Just not in the gear I need it most

I don't have this car tuned, but I remember it being a pain in GT5 with the massive amounts of turbo lag.

I'm sure it can be quick, but it's not going to run with the top cars even if they have mediocre tunes on them.

It traps around 144-145mph, so it is well outside of the top 10.

Shift at 6k and if you aren't using all your gears, it's time to reconfigure your transmission.

Last edited:
This is the 5 speed AWD HPA, right? It's definitely not the easiest car to tune. Weird powerband too if I'm not mistaken.

It's a 6 speed and yes the power curve looks like a cliff.

IMAG0848.jpg

It's not a bad little car, gets off the line pretty quick but that's about it, it slows down a lot after 6k, it's not going to beat supercars though unless there really bad tunes.

It is pretty much, it's not called hpa stage 2 for a laugh lol even with stage 3 turbo you have to shift it like a stage 2, the cars messed up lol, put a stage 2 on it and you'll be shifting at about 4000 revs lol

This will be a car I get to work on come tomorrow. I wouldn't say difficult to tune as it wasn't really difficult for me on gt5 but tricky because of the turbo lag bang in the power band 1st gear on launch. Get the right gearbox setup and once you are reving at full power you shouldn't have any issues with it. Once it gets going its pretty quick. 9secs sounds a lil slow considering it has over 50bhp more. My m3 gtr in comparison makes 33bhp more and now runs 9:2 with 609bhp compared to 10:193 577bhp. I think your flip needs to be a lot lower utilise all gears. It will be a lot faster.

Back