HTC One A9

• Thread starter Nexus
  • 6 comments
Australia
Adelaide
HTC has revealed their new flagship i̶P̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ phone.

DSC_3905_575px.jpg

1482598144581820193.jpg

Specs:
  • Android Marshmallow with HTC Sense
  • Snapdragon 617
  • Adreno 405
  • 2/3GB RAM
  • 16/32GB + microSD card slot
  • 5.0" 1920x1080 AMOLED display
  • 13MP Rear Facing with F/2.0 aperture + OIS
  • 4MP UltraPixel Front Facing with F/2.0 aperture
  • 2150mAh
For a 'flagship', the battery size seems to be way too small. Not really a fan of the design either, it looks too similar to the iPhone. Then again, the iPhone 6 looked very similar to the One when it was released... Thoughts?

Last edited:
It's just confusing. It kind of looks and seems like a flagship but some specs are worse than the M9 yet it costs more to buy.

Not sure about it.

Hardware looks nice, but if it's the same crap software on top it's another dud.

Well that depends on if you like android or not. It's not a dud because you don't like it
Nothing to do with Android, I was talking about the bloated and unstable crap that HTC puts on top of it. I wish they'd stick to stock Android, then they'd have a winner.

Nothing to do with Android, I was talking about the bloated and unstable crap that HTC puts on top of it. I wish they'd stick to stock Android, then they'd have a winner.
Bloated and unstable? In my experience, Sense is just as fast as stock Android.

Last edited:
Not talking about performance per se, or the Sense UI by itself (which are both okay). I'm talking about all the other crap/apps that come with it that eat up half your memory/storage, the stability issues/crashes and other annoyance. I have used my M8 heavily for about 9 months and the crashes, weird behavior and other annoyances compared to stock Android made me buy a different phone in the end. I have never had this with any other Android or iOS device. And I own (or have owned) quite a few. HTC wants to be high-end like the big boys but in the end their stuff just doesn't hit the mark.

Currently, only the big boys are making a profit on Android devices, all of the smaller ones are making a loss (HTC, LG, etc.). They need to step up their game or they will no longer exist in a year or two.

Back