Hud : Am I the only one ?

• Thread starter browbrow74
  • 28 comments
France
France
Am I the one who think the Hud is quiet bad actually ? Or may be I have missed something ?

there is imo a ton of not so useful infos. And the only options possible are full/some/none

Could be worst yeah, but the second option basically keeps the most useless info. You can read the name of 7 dudes you don’t really care about and know what country they are from ( but can’t see your side mirror )…
You can also tell you’ve been on the track for 15 minutes and your lap time in middle of your screen. When looking behind you that’s sometimes all what you can see.
Almost forgetting about the map and the wind speed ( which is not on the weather screen makes no sense to me )

But you can’t see your actual TCS level, fuel management, brakes, tire and so on…

It’s my first GT Since the 4, Ath looked similar in sport for what I see.
I use to like lighter ATH but we obviously need some info especially on longer race, and the Radar is almost vital on sport.

But it seems I’m the only one complaining about this … So, whats your thought ?

Last edited:
ATH? Above the Horizon? All Time High? Or just short for Athlete?

Ah, it's French for Head Up Display (HUD). - It's affichage tête haute

To answer the question, yes it could be better, but I just switch the options depending on the race or situation. Sometimes I'll use the fuel map then move back to check the weather map. Or I'll have it on best sector times if I'm qualifying.

I agree that side mirrors would be a good addition.

Last edited:
ATH?

tenor.gif

I’m on vacation in France right now and I’m happy I can order a bottle of wine and that’s about it.
Never would have guessed it.

OT: I also think the HUD is terrible.
Options are to limited and there is a lot of information I dont need.
If you turn most of it off, you can’t see your fuel settings and weatherradar and thats all I want to see, besides race info.

I’m on vacation in France right now and I’m happy I can order a bottle of wine and that’s about it.
Never would have guessed it.

OT: I also think the HUD is terrible.
Options are to limited and there is a lot of information I dont need.
If you turn most of it off, you can’t see your fuel settings and weatherradar and thats all I want to see, besides race info.
Why would to pay money to go to the worst place in the world?

I’m hating the font they kept from previous game making this look just like GT Sport patch which what basically it is. Also, Tag Heuer for that short period gave it a bit of prestige. It desperately needs refresh.

Last edited:
Am I the one who think the Hud is quiet bad actually ? Or may be I have missed something ?

But you can’t see your actual TCS level, fuel management, brakes, tire and so on…

I don’t think it’s bad, but being able to customize the layout would be an improvement, although not necessary or expected.
You can see TCS, FM, Brake balance, tires, torque distribution and others though. Only if your vehicle has them and/or the race allows you to use them though.
I don’t complain about it because I know how to use it and how it works, but if I had it my way I’d be able to customize the layout a bit.

there is imo a ton of not so useful infos. And the only options possible are full/some/none

Could be worst yeah, but the second option basically keeps the most useless info. You can read the name of 7 dudes you don’t really care about and know what country they are from ( but can’t see your side mirror )…
You can also tell you’ve been on the track for 15 minutes and your lap time in middle of your screen. When looking behind you that’s sometimes all what you can see.
Almost forgetting about the map and the wind speed ( which is not on the weather screen makes no sense to me )

It’s my first GT Since the 4, Ath looked similar in sport for what I see.
I use to like lighter ATH but we obviously need some info especially on longer race, and the Radar is almost vital on sport.

You're not the only one the current hud is too cluttered and a back to basics one would be nice. Maybe they'll redesign it for the sequel.

Last edited:
imho i don't have a problem with it either , only thing i wish that was possible is that being to able tweak it or move the hud elements

I only use the fuel map if the race requires it. Other than that it stays on the track map page. I usually try to make my racing games as HUDless as possible. Got that from racing so many years of rally, where all you need to do is listen to your navigator.

I want a rear view mirror, fuel, tcr map, and track map. everything else I can do without. Once you know the tracks speed is irrelevant, and I want to be able to turn it off and on with a single button press.

I don’t think it’s bad, but being able to customize the layout would be an improvement, although not necessary or expected.
You can see TCS, FM, Brake balance, tires, torque distribution and others though. Only if your vehicle has them and/or the race allows you to use them though.
I don’t complain about it because I know how to use it and how it works, but if I had it my way I’d be able to customize the layout a bit.
I have no issue to use it, my main issue is, we can not have a look only on the essential ( tcs, fuel, … ) it’s all or nothing.
If I don’t want to see my 10 precedent laptimes, or the learderboard, I won’t be able to see my Tcs, radar, ….

I like it aesthetically but functionally it's not great. Customization in terms of what to enable and disable is obviously a must, but also being able to move things around. The middle of the screen is covered by my wheel so I can never see anything there, I wonder if PD realizes why on other sims generally they push the UI to the sides.

I like it aesthetically but functionally it's not great. Customization in terms of what to enable and disable is obviously a must, but also being able to move things around. The middle of the screen is covered by my wheel so I can never see anything there, I wonder if PD realizes why on other sims generally they push the UI to the sides.
It is “the real driving simulator”, after all. It makes sense the gauges are blocked by the steering wheel. I thought Toyota got it right by putting the gauge cluster in the Scion xA and xB in the center of the dash instead of behind the steering wheel like all other cars. I’ve never had a car where I can’t see at least part of my cluster because either the steering wheel or my arms/hands are blocking the view of some of it.

After reading this thread I turned everything off and it was rather enjoyable without the clutter. My fingers are crossed that they add custom on/off for everything (seems simple to implement), but I think I'm going to start looking for cars to race hud-less.

For instance, the Escudo has the gear selection LED right above the wheel (which i thought was silly), but now makes absolute sense with everything off.

Back