HUD Map...Glitch?

Messages
130
Messages
People_Know_Me_x
About once out of every 4 or 5 times I fire up GT5 and go to a race or test of some sort, the map won't display in my HUD. Is this a setting I may have accidentally hit, or is it a glitch? Typically when I restart the game it's back up.

I did a forum search but didn't find anything related to my question.

Thanks for the help. 👍
 
I've had the same problem. Just started for me today. I've seen previous forums on this, but never read them as I never had this problem yet. I turned off my PS3, took out the disc, reinserted and restarted. This then put the map right in the middle of my screen! I ended up just turning it off
 
I've had the same problem. Just started for me today. I've seen previous forums on this, but never read them as I never had this problem yet. I turned off my PS3, took out the disc, reinserted and restarted. This then put the map right in the middle of my screen! I ended up just turning it off

...sure you didn't just start a rally stage?

Oh, and in response to the original question: the map disappears after playing Arcade mode/Multiplayer. There may be other causes but this is the main one.
 
Just quit to the PS3 dash and go back into the game. Ejecting the disc and performing voodoo magic on it is overkill. This glitch occurs when you go into arcade and then play in GT life... at least it seems. This will probably be fixed in a patch.
 
I was on a rally stage... so the maps in the middle of the screen on rally stages?!?! That's pretty stupid as I found it to be quite annoying!
 
Map in the middle of the screen for rallies initially bugged me...but I find it useful now. I still kind of feel like I'm cheating using the map on rally stages, but it's a bit of a hassle to turn it off every time.

This is the first racing game in which I've actually disabled the map display, I feel like it's helping me learn the new circuits quicker since I'm not relying on it to set up all my corners.
 
About once out of every 4 or 5 times I fire up GT5 and go to a race or test of some sort, the map won't display in my HUD. Is this a setting I may have accidentally hit, or is it a glitch? Typically when I restart the game it's back up.

I did a forum search but didn't find anything related to my question.

Thanks for the help. 👍

Had it happen to me for the first time yesterday. Not so coincidentally, yesterday was the first time I played 2 player split screen, and it was just after that, that the map disappeared and would not come back till I restarted the game.

Big fat bug I think.
 
Back