HUD needs fixing

• Thread starter ImC0ld
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Do they read these posts and do something about them or is this a waste of time???

I'm just after the option to shrink the race info as it always covers the mirrors when you use cockpit view.
A bit hard to drive properly when you have crap over the mirror making it useless.
I have to race with no race info on at all as thats the only way to remove it.
All I want is the top left bar. That tells you which position you are in and what lap your on. I don't need a full list or a 2nd map on the top right. Depends on left hand drive or right hand drive but the opponent list or your lap speeds are not needed and they always cover the mirror. You can turn off the speedo and car details but to get rid of those lists you have to turn the hud completely off. Stupid if you ask me. How about adding an option for minimise rafe info so you still have the speedo and position and lap. That's all that's needed, they aren't in the way of anything.

Do they read these posts and do something about them or is this a waste of time???

I'm just after the option to shrink the race info as it always covers the mirrors when you use cockpit view.
A bit hard to drive properly when you have crap over the mirror making it useless.
I have to race with no race info on at all as thats the only way to remove it.
All I want is the top left bar. That tells you which position you are in and what lap your on. I don't need a full list or a 2nd map on the top right. Depends on left hand drive or right hand drive but the opponent list or your lap speeds are not needed and they always cover the mirror. You can turn off the speedo and car details but to get rid of those lists you have to turn the hud completely off. Stupid if you ask me. How about adding an option for minimise rafe info so you still have the speedo and position and lap. That's all that's needed, they aren't in the way of anything.

Honestly what should be correct is a total configurable HUD!!! Such as the one from Asseto Corsa on PC!!! Totally configurable! (almost) ! :)

GTP isn't affiliated with Polyphony Digital but they've been known to read feedback, if the issue's big enough.

I share your opinion (many others too) on the HUD and the feast or famine levels of detail it offers. I like to run with it all turned off but I'm guilty of occasionally forgetting which gear I'm in so could do with the odo, rev counter and gear indicator displayed. The fact that view hides penalties and fuel levels is a pretty big oversight on PD's part.

i agree, we should be able to pick and choose. I personally race in cockpit view 100% of the time. i dont care for anything but tire wear and the mfd, but its either all or nothing (kind of). driving with everything off is nice and "realistic looking" but some info is key to strategy and its either on or off. frustrating!

Latest Posts

Back