HUGE HUGE Problem ever since 1.09!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter barkohba
  • 15 comments
  • 2,097 views
Messages
177
Messages
barkohba
It all happened after 1.09 today.



To put it simply: No matter what controller/wheel i use, the face buttons (Triangle, Circle, Square, X) DO NOT WORK!! I've tried REINSTALLING THE GAME DATA and REINSTALLING THE PATCHES, NOTHING, wtf is up? The buttons work perfectly fine on all controllers in the XMB menu and other games.



Anyone else has this issue?
 
I haven't had any issues. I'd try to think of another problem source.
 
Go to the controller settings and make sure it is set as 1....

I have had that happen as well, and my DFGT was 1, so the DS3 didn't exactly work on everything.....
 
It's set on 1. I've actually tried all the numbers. The CONTROLLER WORKS, pls read my post carefully, it's only these 4 BUTTONS which don't work.
 
Did you check the button mapping? Or do they not even work on menus?
 
I had the same problem at first, but after a system restart it started working fine
 
Mine works and is a really old PS2 wheel. Not sure what's going on with yours. Hope you figure it out though :(
 
Yeah, my controllers just started doing the same thing. Nothing works except the D-Pad and start button. Face buttons on the DS3 don't work, face buttons on the DFGT don't work, and the pedals on the DFGT don't work. They all work on the XMB, including the in-game XMB, and in other games.

Been fiddling around for 10 minutes and haven't found a way to fix it yet.




Edit: Okay, figured it out. For me I had to unplug the pedals from the DFGT and plug them back in. I'm not sure if that helps the OP or not, though.
 
Last edited:
1.09? I can't even log in to gt5 website...hmmmm
 
1.09? I can't even log in to gt5 website...hmmmm

Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

it's due to the recent "exploits". All Playstation associated sites are down.
 
It's set on 1. I've actually tried all the numbers. The CONTROLLER WORKS, pls read my post carefully, it's only these 4 BUTTONS which don't work.

Buy a new one.
 
Ignore that ^^^^

It all happened after 1.09 today.



To put it simply: No matter what controller/wheel i use, the face buttons (Triangle, Circle, Square, X) DO NOT WORK!! I've tried REINSTALLING THE GAME DATA and REINSTALLING THE PATCHES, NOTHING, wtf is up? The buttons work perfectly fine on all controllers in the XMB menu and other games.



Anyone else has this issue?
I've heard people complaining about this before, too. Don't know what they did, sorry. Try searching google; it's really your best bet if no one here has helped you figure it out.
 
Provided both have been downloaded and if this just started happening, there is possibly a conflict between the new system update 3.61 and GT5 software update 1.09.

Thankfully I don't have this issue.
 
Ok so I am having a similar problem, the game loads up but when it gets to the screen where you can choose GTlife or Arcade etc there is no response from the control. At first I thought it might have been the laser or the new PS3 software not working great with the last GT5 update, but here is the strange thing both of those problems would affect any account I have on the PS3 and this problem only happens on my original account. The account I created to run remote B-spec races works fine apart from the occasional freeze.
 
Back