Human Comedy: My strategy\notes for each race

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 4 comments
United States
California
PumpinNumbies
I'll be working through all 10 tonight and tomorrow. Going to share my experiences in detail within individual posts below, and the Tl;dr synapses in the OP updated as each race is completed.
For what it's worth these pay 1.2M for the win, it gives you the rewards for ALL 3 trophies, Gold Silver AND Bronze.

Race 1: Tsukuba

Race 2: Trial Mountain

Race 3: Autopolis

Race 4: Kyoto

Race 5: Deep Forest
Gr3 Porsche, Power Limiter and ECU as low as needed to hit 620PP
Fuel Trim 1, Racing Hards, NO PIT.
Average 1:39-1:40 the first 10 laps as you navigate traffic, after that, it's smooth sailing and you can easily run 37s, but you only need to be in the 38's to win the race. (Car will run 35's, you just don't need to)
37 Laps. You don't have to baby the car, but you can't abuse it. Don't lock up on entry, don't spin on exit, tires won't be an issue.
If you want to drive harder, you need to shoot for an average lap time of 1:37's, and you can pit halfway at lap 18 or 19 for a new set of Hards, no fuel, without any risk of losing.
Easy win by 56 seconds, 37 laps total.

Race 6: Alsace

Race 7: Red Bull Ring
Gr3 BOP race with rain.
I used the McLaren, rear tire wear wasn't the best.
Start on Softs, Fuel Trim 1, run as hard as you want to get through traffic.
End of lap 9, pit. Racing Mediums, Full fuel, Trim 3.
Make sure your fuel makes it to lap 19 or 20, as this is when the rain arrives. Get HEAVY WET tires, even though radar says it's light rain, because it just keeps coming and floods the track. Full fuel.
Make this stint last as long as you can, to gauge how dry the track will get.
At lap 32, I took IM, because the track was only dry if you stay perfectly on the race line. 66 liters of fuel (11 per lap)
Easy win by a full lap. 36 laps total.

Race 8: Maggiore

Last edited:
Sounds like a bug :banghead:
I was mistaken. Sorry for the false alarm.

Detail: Race 5
Gr3 Porsche (I didn't realize this wasn't a Gr3 race lol) I nerfed my power and ecu until I qualified on Racing Hards.

Leader runs 1:34s and 1:35s (Taycan Turbo S) I averaged 1:37s. Fuel trim 1, as it was clear after the first 10 minutes (10min = 6 segments = 17% fuel usage maximum. Meaning if you're at 83% or more at 50 minutes, you don't need to save any fuel at all) (92% or better after 5 minutes and you're safe I'd you want to know early)

The leader is on Mediums and was out of fuel by lap 9 (needed a full 100 liters at both lap 9 and 18)

By lap 10 you'll be in first or second. From their you have clean air and can run 1:37s at will. Lap 16 you'll catch lapped traffic.

You'll be running 1:38s and 39s in the first 5-7 laps and be LOSING time to the leader, this is fine as you are navigating traffic. Leader car is crazy fast in the straight and trash in the turns. Just keep your pace, you'll be fine on the strategy front.

You don't have to baby your tires, but don't abuse them. I didn't do anything special for tire or fuel wear I just didn't abuse the car.

All other cars were on hards and seemed to pit every 10 laps and ran around 38s. When my tires were in prime, I hit 35s a few times, but once I saw the leader pit on lap 9, I eased up my pace and tried to run consistent 37s. I was still running 37s on the final lap. And 36s if I pushed it, even on laps 30+

Lap 19 was halfway. Lap 20 the field pit for their 2nd time, and after it cycled through I was 30 seconds ahead.

Finished the race 1:00:14.466 2nd place was 56 seconds back, last lap was #37.

Conclusion: Gr3, hard tires, no pit, average 1:38s for an easy win, 1:39s will make it close. Don't lock up on entry, don't spin on exit, tires won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Race 7 - Red Bull Ring:
This is a BOP race with weather.
I used the Gr3 McLaren because I thought it would be easy to drive, but to be honest it wasn't very nice to rear tires, Porsche might be safer?

Fuel trim 1, racing softs made 9 laps.
I pit at the end of 9, full fuel and racing Softs.
Pit at the end of 18, full fuel, saw rain coming and put on IM.
This was a MISTAKE.
I pit 3 laps later for WET tires and no fuel. The radar only shows light rain, but it doesn't stop and eventually floods the track.
The wet tires and lower speed helped fuel last 11 or 12 laps.
Rain stopped in the early 20s, sun came out in late 20s, but the track didn't dry out until VERY late, and only the exact race line was actually dry, so unless you can stay perfectly in the dry, I suggest you use IM to finish the final stint.
Pit at the end of 32, 66 liters, IM tires, and good to go to the end.
(Estimate about 11 liters per lap to be safe, it's a little less)

2nd was a lap behind.

Adjustments I recommend:
Start on Soft and run 9 hard laps to get through traffic on trim 1.
At the end of 9, get mediums and a full tank.
Stretch your fuel to get you to lap 19 or 20 depending on how close the rain is. It's always better to be 1 lap early than late.
Go directly to Heavy Wet tires and a full tank. Trim down to 2 or 3, and ride it out as long as you can for the track to get as dry as possible.
Around lap 31-33 pit for the final time, get IM tires, 60-70 liters or enough to finish the 36th lap.

Another 1.2M in the bank.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back