Hybrid How to?

• Thread starter Syizm
  • 23 comments
Hey,

I'm not new to GT, nor Gamesharks (though I don't have one for my PS2!), nor anything probably needed to make a hybrid. I know how INI files work, because I do mild-programming here and there. Ahem, yea... anyway:

If someone could make a nice, hardcore, definitive list of WHAT I need to make hybrids, I would appriciate it! I know a need a Gameshark - but what else?

Thanks in advance,
Steve-o

U don't necassarily nead a gameshark.

Best Method:
Sharkport/Xport, and MK's program. The sharkport or xport connects your PS2 to with a usb cable, so your PC must have a USB port.

Alternate method: U will need one of the following

Codebreaker, Action Replay 2 V2 or Game Shark 2 V2.

Do not get a Game Shark 2 V3 or higher

Where do I get a Sharkport/Xport? Are they availible at most superstores or will I have to order it?

Also, isn't MK's program just an INI editor?

Steve-o

I haven't seen any at Wal-mart or anything, but I'm sure they are some where. :D I just got one off e-bay a couple of hours ago for $18.50 plus a DVD remote(which I already have the exact one. :P ) E-bay didn't have many, but look around and you'll find one. I got a Q ,too. Does my PS2 need to be hooked up to a TV while I'm using the Xport?

MuddinPede

Since sharkport has been discontinued, U probly won't find one in a store, but U never know. The xport should be available at best Buy, Toys R Us, or any good video game store. As far as MK's, I don't know much about programing, but I guess U could say it is an ini editor, since each car is an ini, and U edit the cars.

Here is a pic that will help you. This is a picture of the MKS Program (you use it on your PC). The Sharkport/Xport (which you can pick up at Best Buy or any other gamin store for around $30) allows you to upload your PS2 Memory Card files to your computer. So you can have pretty much use your computer as a memory card. You just need to upload your GT3 game data and open it in MKS. It will show the cars in your garage and the parts and settings that are on them.

Attachments

• mks pic.jpg
    mks pic.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 245
Now if you wanted to change a part, say the engine, you just have to right click on the cell that is designated for the engine (on the car you want to change engines) and select "Change Part". Then you will get a popup box listing all the engines from all the cars in the game (even the hidden cars). The MKS program comes with a manual, so you can figure everything else out from that, but you can always come to us for any help you might need :)...

Attachments

• mks pic2.jpg
    mks pic2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 239
Thanks alot - that's a big help. Seems the program is pretty easy to use.

Question:
If I get a Xport, do I use the MK program to download the saves, or will the Xport do it for me, then I use the MK to edit and save them?

Steve-o

The xport will transfer the save to your PC, then you edit that save with MKs, then you save the save with Mks, then you import the save to the xport, and send it back to the PS2.

I'm planning on getting an Xport tomorrow, but I'm still curious, does MKS work with the NTSC version of GT3?

My setup will be:
NTSC Version 1.0 of GT3
XPort
XPort Software
MKS

My computer is RIGHT next to my PS2, and my moniter is right next to my TV. Small apartment bedroom. :)

Steve-o

mk's works with either version, the only issues being you can't trade replays with PAL people (50hz vs 60hz) & if u d/l a PAL created car u change the top of the ini file from EU to US.
The x-port's main purpose is to make your HD a big mem card, it does the saving. you do the hybriding in mks.
Hope this helps.

btw - good to c someone else lives in a room:D:D!!

Famine, that link doesn't work. I can't even find MK's program. I havn't searched to hard, though. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

I didn't get an XPort today, but I already haved XPort software and have read up on Hybriding. I'm confident. All I need now is some freetime, MK's program and an XPort. Too bad I have to go back to word Wednesday. :(

Steve-o

Syizm - It seems Fortunecity.co.uk (my hostind service) are having a few problems. Almost no-one with a high-speed connection can access any part of my site. There is no good reason for this. Hopefully it will be fixed by the end of the month, or I get another job and can afford my own domain name... :D

ok, this is how i have my desktop set up for hybriding...see the shortcut to MK's program on the right? gotta have it, along with the shortcut to X-Port.exe and the files holding my garage saves and .ini files...the most important one is the file on top towards the right side called current GT3 game, it has my original game save without hybrids on it, and i'm still trying to get my S licence...

Back