hybrid questions

• Thread starter fast_4sho
  • 10 comments
i know the hybrid masters out there know the answers to these so here goes.these questtions all refer to gt2.
what is the maximum traction sequence for the gameshark?

how do you guys control all that horsepower?

can anyone tell me if it is possible to get rid of teh writting on the side of the tommy kairi r?i hate it and if there is a way how?

how can i get rid of the silly noise most of my hybrids make when revving?

how comw when i add a different engine into a different car it seems to add power instead of replacing teh current engine?

thanks in advance?

"i know the hybrid masters out there know the answers to these so here goes.these questtions all refer to gt2.
what is the maximum traction sequence for the gameshark?"

FFFF enter after the traction code will provide the maximum traction, however the car is difficult because it becomes too responsive, imo

"how do you guys control all that horsepower?"

Personally, I can`t see any sense in building a car beyond 900hp, but generally, downforce, decent chassis and grippy tyres help.

"can anyone tell me if it is possible to get rid of teh writting on the side of the tommy kairi r?i hate it and if there is a way how?"

There may be a small chance the decals are not attached to the body work, not sure.

"how can i get rid of the silly noise most of my hybrids make when revving?"

The UFO, you mean?...Don`t install turbos onto engines that cannot be normally upgraded to a turbo. Also avoid mufflers off turboed cars onto NA cars and vice-versa.

"how comw when i add a different engine into a different car it seems to add power instead of replacing teh current engine?"

It does both, of course...surely if you put something as sill as a Viper engine into a mini you would expect a huge hp increase?

i put the escudo engine in several other turbo cars and it makes the ufo noise and na engines in na cars and it still makes that silly noise.usually for traction i use 9e9e and it is nice but is there anything else higher but lower than ffff.

Yes, that's all hex values. Hex runs in the oreder 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,c,d,e,f, so after 9e9e is 9f9f, then a0a0,a1a1,a2a2,a3a3,a4a4 and so on. Also if your using the grip as a boot up code then U can add more grip to either front or rear by adjusting the hex value. Example c1b4 would add more grip to the rear than the front cuz the c1 is for the rear and the b4 is for the front. It's the opposite if U enter it in the gspro mem editor.

Here's a little bit of hex stuff, if it confuses you, just ignore it.

1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
a=10
b=11
c=12
d=13
e=14
f=15
10=16
11=17
12=18
13=19
14=20
15=21
16=22
17=23
18=24
19=25
1a=26
1b=27
1c=28
etc.

so...4 digits of hex numbers is what you put in the gameshark.

lowest is 0000 (that would be no traction at all)
highest is FFFF (that would be all the traction you could possibly get)

so...
0000---lowest
aaaa
bbbb
cccc
dddd
eeee
ffff---highest

I like a value between 9999 and AAAA myself.

If you look at it for a while, you'll either be very confused or you'll be calling yourself stupid for taking so long to figure it out. hexidecimal stuff like this comes easy to some people, hard to others. It all depends on how your mind works.

Yes, I confess to making a few hybrids for fast_4sho, I made one and then it got out of hand. You may want to add that using an NA engine with a turbo-engined car means you have to get rid of the turbo boost gauge.

801CD014 0000
801CD016 0000
(Yes, four zeros removes almost any part, Fiery told me so some months ago!)

Those two lines will do it. Your car may sound odd at first, but once you're redlining in 2nd gear, you don't seem to hear any difference.

Likewise, if you are adding a turbo engine to a normally aspirated car, you will have to add a boost gauge.

801CD014 410A
801CD016 0046
(it came from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR, I think)

Don't mix Turbos and NA-tune ups together; it may make for a lot of power, but the noise is horrendous, and not worth it.

Don't put any mufflers on cars that weren't designed to have them. "Specials" like the Unisia Jecs Skyline, ZZII, Storia Rally Car, etc. can have just about any other part, but don't add mufflers!

Modiffying the car's body takes some (guess)work, it's not an easy task. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I have no clue how to do it, nor have I had much interest in it. It's not just a simple line of code that will remove the Tommy Kaira writing, it's a lot more than that, and you can't save the results.

I still think your best bet is to shark another body (say, a red or black R34) over the existing Tommy Kaira R. That can be saved to your memory card.

Ok I have the MK program and will be getting a sharkport soon. I downloaded a saved garage and it shows all those numbers and confused the heck out of me. Does the mk program work with the same numbers (hex number I guess) as the Gameshark??

Oh yeah, maybe this will help: here's the numbers off some car it's the brakes.

64C2 9C05 847D 2CEF

What does all this mean?!?!?

Those are the part codes that MK's puts into the game, they have to be converted to Gs2 format. The latest version of MK's does it for U. If the version of Mk's that U have, has a button that says chang view, then that's the newest one, and just click on the button and it will give U the Gs2 format, If the button says toggle view it is an older version, and if It doesn't say either it's a really old version. If U are getting a sharkport, u won't need the Gs2 conversions anyway

Latest Posts

Back