Hybriding, Borrow, Marketplace Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Racin-Rev
  • 7 comments
  • 842 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racin-Rev

Premium
Messages
705
United States
Indiana/USA
Messages
Racin-Rev
Just curious as to how people feel. Do you think the ability of many GT'ers to hybrid cars to their personal desires & permanent borrow glitch any car, has made the Marketplace less relevant for gifting/trading desired cars?
I'm not taking a side here - Just an observation.
I don't know if it has or not, but I think the potential is there.
 
Duplicating and borrow glitching has always undermined the point of the market plate for me, there's no feeling behind a gift because it's not really a gift at all.

I never duplicate cars because of this so any car I trade really is a gift, but at the end of the day it's a drop in an ocean.

Hacking.. I don't know.. sort of? I don't think it's undermines it any more than the above for me. Perhaps others feel differently.
 
There has been some more recent developments that have made the marketplace less irrelevant IMO, nothing to do with hybrids though and also nothing to do with borrow glitching. Not sure i'll even bother trading again, which is good and bad in equal respect.
 
Not sure if you noticed, but after V2.11 was released, the tool to Perma Borrow came out. Along side of that tool, the Modding tool for cars silently came around to the general public.

Once people started to catch onto the Perma Borrow tool, it pretty much killed the Market Place. You now only have a handful of continous paged threads if that!

While the Perma Borrow Tool makes it easier for the collector to obtain cars, it also makes them self efficient. Now there is no real need to PM, Post or what not in making a deal, thus a strike against the community.

Still have to be aware of who is hexing a used car...so I stay away from folks that I never traded with before all this happened. Makes having more than 2 PS3 useless :ouch: .... good for some but not for Sony or GT5 sales.
 
Makes having more than 2 PS3 useless :ouch: .... good for some but not for Sony or GT5 sales.

That's my biggest gripe in a way, I bought a 2nd PS3 with the sole intention of being able to get more trades. Now it is useless for that, as luck would have it though my main PS3 recently became somewhat unreliable. I can still use it OK but now use the newer PS3 for all my proper gaming needs.
 
That's my biggest gripe in a way, I bought a 2nd PS3 with the sole intention of being able to get more trades. Now it is useless for that, as luck would have it though my main PS3 recently became somewhat unreliable. I can still use it OK but now use the newer PS3 for all my proper gaming needs.

I had recently picked up another one so yeah I feel you :ouch:! 1 of mine isnt too healthy either, so OK in a sense. Just dont get it as it never had much time being on.

Any case, the market is getting worse = less of a community. :indiff:
 
The first introduction of the trading limit already killed a lot of activity. (on other boards)
This hybrid's and borrowglitch made the marketplace indeed somewhat useless.
Always been there to collect the cars I wanted.....
But after over 2 years in GT5 life...the marketplace was anyway getting a slowly dead.

The days when you traded 5 horns, 5 museumcards, 5 paints and a car.....are far past us.

Let's enjoy what we have now and see when GT6 comes 👍

Cheers :cheers:
 
[...]

The days when you traded 5 horns, 5 museumcards, 5 paints and a car.....are far past us.

Let's enjoy what we have now and see when GT6 comes 👍

Cheers :cheers:

Maybe I can load a forth account with all that stuff? 👎:crazy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back