[Hybriding] [GT2] "Touring car kit"

• Thread starter A.A.Z.
  • 15 comments
I think all of you remember the Espace F1 and three high-revving touring cars (the Calibra, the 155 and the CLK). Now I want you to show that every engine in the game (apart from the Prius' one) can be "tuned" (okay, hybrided) to be high-revving. Not all of them sound nice (for example, the Speed 12's engine sounds terrible :crazy:), but I have decided to show you one. I've chosen a Lotus Esprit GT1 cause I like its standed engine sound, but now it revs much higher. Actually, higher than those touring cars - they rev up to ~16 000 RPM, this particular one revs to ~24 000 RPM (I can't measure it accurately and I won't show you the rev meter in the video cause it's a mess and it totally ruins the whole picture). The only problem I've got is the turbo sound, which, as long as its programmed boost is maxed at ~9 000 RPM, starts to fade down after ~10 000 RPM, making the general sound kind of weird. So if anyone has any ideas how to remove it completely without turning it into a UFO engine, tell me please :)
Here's the video - http://rapidshare.com/files/101632539/esprit.avi (direct download - no need to wait).

Comments are much appreciated :)

And yes, if you want me to record any other engine sounds - you're welcome. :)

Moved to proper forum. Although this is about GT2, it is mainly about hybriding, so this forum is a better match.

;)

How do you change the car rev?

I use this on NTSC 1.2:

the number fromt top to bottom:
- top max rpm
- idle rpm
- clutch engage rpm
- red line rpm
- downshift to 1st gear rpm
- downshift to 2nd gear rpm
- downshift to 3rd gear rpm

I don't get the UFO sound:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/naxh9k

I used "NA tuning" code - I've set it to BF1A.

Thanks for sharing your codes too :)

[upd] Converted them into PAL, everything works fine :)
Oh and maybe you have discovered any turbo codes?.. I mean, revs for max turbo boost, the boost itself etc.?..

sucahyo: have you tried to find those values from GT4? All gran turismo games share some similarity between them how they are coded so maybe it's possible.. the values are probably 4 bytes long in gt4 though

sucahyo, btw, do you know what actually happens to the power curve when the max revs are moved upwards (using your method)?.. I mean, does it just stretch to the new respective revs (so the only changes are the rev meter and the noise) or the power output grows up / falls down?..

I have discovered 2 turbo codes @ 800A97F6 and 800A97F4 (they are for PAL; for NTSC 1.2 subtract 00000030 from them). I can't say exactly what do they do, but they affect both turbocharger and overall "performance" - the engine starts behaving absolutely unpredictably. It also seems that the turbo boost gets shifted up by a value and that's why the engine is toast between 0 and that shift value.

sucahyo: have you tried to find those values from GT4? All gran turismo games share some similarity between them how they are coded so maybe it's possible.. the values are probably 4 bytes long in gt4 though
I can't because:
- my computer too slow, in emulator when race my car would never rev more than 1000rpm
- To create usable code for real console I have to make this code only run during race, I don't know this yet

It should be easy, just finding an integer number of max rev. and I think clucth engage would be the same (2500), or idle (600).

sucahyo, btw, do you know what actually happens to the power curve when the max revs are moved upwards (using your method)?.. I mean, does it just stretch to the new respective revs (so the only changes are the rev meter and the noise) or the power output grows up / falls down?..
I try it on many low powered car when I get behind the AI because I crash, it can catch up easily. If the power curve is rising on the original max rpm, it will add power (like many low powered car). If the power curve is declining on the original max rpm (like spoon civic or other high powered car) it will reduce power.

I still amazed on how we can decide wether the power is increase or decrease by listening engine sound 👍. If we compare with real car (like in exvitermini, 1000+hp R34) more punchy sound indicate power increase, more whiny sound indicate power decrease. So it is not always a good thing to increase max rpm, even on GT2 :).

I have discovered 2 turbo codes @ 800A97F6 and 800A97F4 (they are for PAL; for NTSC 1.2 subtract 00000030 from them). I can't say exactly what do they do, but they affect both turbocharger and overall "performance" - the engine starts behaving absolutely unpredictably. It also seems that the turbo boost gets shifted up by a value and that's why the engine is toast between 0 and that shift value.
do that change if we change turbo upgrade?

Your car would never rev more than 1000rpm? To me this sounds like you're using a wrong input plugin that doesn't give 100% gas when pressing the accelerator..
I remember having this problem too, SSSPSX pressure modded 1.6.0 plugin doesn't work like it should, but 1.7.0 works just fine

Also I believe GT4 has more precise rev counter than GT2, or maybe reversed one, or it could even have some kind of offset.. dunno, maybe I'll try to search for it myself

Try this code for high RPM's.

Balance codes-
09C4- 10000+rpm tach on most engines + 203%hp

This is right out of "My GT2 codes ver.5" file I have on my pc, I only have ver.4 here on GTP as of now.
I will tell you now that your car will sound normal, just rev higher. But the redline will not change.

Try this code for high RPM's.

Balance codes-
09C4- 10000+rpm tach on most engines + 203%hp

This is right out of "My GT2 codes ver.5" file I have on my pc, I only have ver.4 here on GTP as of now.
I will tell you now that your car will sound normal, just rev higher. But the redline will not change.
It works, but just as my or sucahyo's ones - as for me, I wanted to find a code for raising the max turbo boost revs, not the revs themselves :)

It works, but just as my or sucahyo's ones - as for me, I wanted to find a code for raising the max turbo boost revs, not the revs themselves :)

Hmm....... I guess we need to find a engine with a turbo that revs high
because I don't know how to make the turbo rev higher, only the engine.

Back