Hybriding hybrid cars (or how can I turn all cars electric)

Brazil
Brazil
I'm looking into turn my cars into electric (or hybrid) models in GT2 and GT4.

For now, I'm trying to swap a car's engine into the Toyota Prius, equalling his hp to the original. Unfortunately, the car doesn't "behave" like a hybrid, just with the Prius' petrol engine + problems with transmission.

Can someone guide me into making a hybrid out of any car with the fewest amount of changes? Meanwhile, I'll try to swap the entire Prius into another car.

You're looking for the Prius's stock transmission, the CVT. That's what causes the car to be like it is in GT2.
The Honda Logo TS also has a CVT, that's the only counterpart to the Prius in it.
It'll be the same until GT4 i'm fairly sure.

Last edited:
You're looking for the Prius's stock transmission, the CVT. That's what causes the car to be like it is in GT2.
The Honda Logo TS also has a CVT, that's the only counterpart to the Prius in it.
It'll be the same until GT4 i'm fairly sure.

I've tested both the Prius and the Logo's transmission, but the car still doesn't behave as neither (FYI, I'm testing on the 500R, but any other car works the same too).

I've also tested changing the Prius in is entirety, but since not all codes use the car's code part, they just don't run like the original.

Is there a way to look into the code of those cars, to see where they differ from other vehicles?

They don't have any special part as far as i'm aware. It could be a flag somewhere but i couldn't find one in the stuff we know... you can use pez's data splitter if you'd like to take a look at car parts in detail. But i didn't see anything special about them. It could be from the drivetrain, to the gearbox, to i dunno what. GT is weird sometimes.

I'm looking into turn my cars into electric (or hybrid) models in GT2 and GT4.

For now, I'm trying to swap a car's engine into the Toyota Prius, equalling his hp to the original. Unfortunately, the car doesn't "behave" like a hybrid, just with the Prius' petrol engine + problems with transmission.

Can someone guide me into making a hybrid out of any car with the fewest amount of changes? Meanwhile, I'll try to swap the entire Prius into another car.
For GT4:
In the code, CVT transmissions only have the first two gears (set at an identical value) and GAS.
You can make it work, I remember throwing the Prius' gearbox and transmission into a 600 hp car, tuning it a bit and it worked wonders.
Some engines won't work perfectly alongside a CVT though just like some refuse to work with an 8-speed gearbox.
In submaniac93's words, GT is weird sometimes.

Back