Hybrids and Nitros

  • Thread starter Thread starter iCyCo
  • 13 comments
  • 1,758 views
Messages
1,115
Barbados
Barbados
Messages
iCyCo
Messages
GT5: The Ultimate
With Lemas taking place this weekend and the Toyota TS030/40 and others on numerous people's wish lists , would it be necessary for PD to rework the physics model to incorporate these hybrid systems into GT6?

They all ready have the nitro feature which I feel can be slightly reworked to be used for the hybrid functionality found on these hybrid racers. Regenerative braking might be an issue but wasn't that implemented with the Prius in previous GTs?

What do you guys think, do you see these hybrid cars like the TS040 , P1, LaFerrari etc making it into GT6 with current or slightly modified physics model?
 
I've been thinking about it and this seems like it could work. They already have a couple of hybrids with similar systems in the Prius and the new Acura/Honda NSX so I don't think it would be so difficult. Personally, I would love to see last year's LMP1 hybrids.
 
Last edited:
Yes. Any car that's added to the game should be represented properly and accurately, including hybrid cars. Don't forget the latest F1 cars! I'd love to see a second Formula Gran Turismo that imitates the current F1 cars.
 
Yes. Any car that's added to the game should be represented properly and accurately, including hybrid cars. Don't forget the latest F1 cars! I'd love to see a second Formula Gran Turismo that imitates the current F1 cars.

Totally forgot about the F1 machinery, seeing the route Kaz has gone, we'd probably see a X2015 hybrid before a new FGT
 
Totally forgot about the F1 machinery, seeing the route Kaz has gone, we'd probably see a X2015 hybrid before a new FGT
And make that X2015 a diesel too. The cherry on the cake will be that the diesel will rev to 9000rpm. This is entirely possible because in the bizarro world of PD a modern racing diesel engine can rev to 7000rpm :/ This has been in GT5 since day and they still haven't fixed that.
 
The Honda CRZ Touring was a hybrid in GT5 with regenerative breaking.

Add it to the list of things taken away for GT6. It's puzzling.
 
I'm amazed that they haven't implemented the ZEOD RC, with all the connections that car has to GT. I desperately want that thing, too. The DeltaWing is awesome, but the DeltaWing with a roof, hybrid system, and 400hp 1.5L turbo-3 is too awesome not to have.
 
I'm amazed that they haven't implemented the ZEOD RC, with all the connections that car has to GT. I desperately want that thing, too. The DeltaWing is awesome, but the DeltaWing with a roof, hybrid system, and 400hp 1.5L turbo-3 is too awesome not to have.
The ZEOD has a good chance to be added thanks to Polyphony's ties to Nissan and the DeltaWing. Though, after the ZEOD's performance at Le Mans I can only imagine what the in-game description would say.
 
Out of nowhere PD gave us the Toyota TS030, so I guess my question is answered, bring on the rest now PD
 
I love seeing the diagram in GT5 that shows you when you're regenerating energy but I'm extremely disappointed when they took that away.
 
I love seeing the diagram in GT5 that shows you when you're regenerating energy but I'm extremely disappointed when they took that away.
Hopefully they bring it back. And add more economy challenges
 
Seems PD has implemented what I was getting at with the Nissan VGT. Opens up a whole slew of opportunities with new and current PTP etc cars being added to the game.

Not to mention the regenerative braking display is back as well
 
I love seeing the diagram in GT5 that shows you when you're regenerating energy but I'm extremely disappointed when they took that away.

Hybrids were fully functional since GT4, and cars like the Prius even had their own special HUD. Gods only know why they took all these things away in GT6.
 
The hybrids in this game are so awesome. I just won the 24 minutes of Spa with the TS030 on Racing Softs the entire way through, only having to pit to re-fuel. The 2020 Concept is insanely fast too but on some tracks it likes to eat the battery power. I think an important thing to remember when driving these cars is to ignore trying to keep the battery full because it's very hard to keep the battery filled while remaining competitive.
 
Back