Hybrids/Electric car gauge

• Thread starter fghwe3
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
fghwe3
The recent update (1.10) has included a battery power meter for electric and hybrid cars. But what does this actually mean? I understand that the meter displays whether the battery is charging, discharging or no change, but what does the battery do in the game. Does it improve the fuel economy, or give a hp boost whilst discharging? or is it a functioning gauge that has no bearing on either?

I was thinking that. I went around in a Honda CR-Z Touring Car last night. it seemed slightly quicker on the straights but that might just of been me. Do you know if the fuel/tyre depletion setting affect the speed of which the battery discharges at. I did notice that the battery discharged after approx one lap of tsukuba, and was very difficult to get any charge back into the system.

With the nissan VGT i noticed, braking was charging the battery, accellerating was discharging (red arrow) so logic thinking you used the electro motor(s).
But i don't think that extra power is added, i think this was changed in another update where the driving behaviour was updated for lots of cars.

Anyone notice a decrease in fuel economy once the battery is discharged? I am also found recharging it takes forever, so only really get boost on first couple of laps (using Honda CR-Z Touring Car).

I will have to try the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 when i get a moment.

Anyone notice a decrease in fuel economy once the battery is discharged? I am also found recharging it takes forever, so only really get boost on first couple of laps (using Honda CR-Z Touring Car).

I will have to try the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 when i get a moment.

That's where lifting and coasting comes in handy. When you're on the throttle, the battery discharges, but otherwise, the battery charges up. Depending on the car and circuit obviously depends on how much energy you use compared to how much you harvest. Monza will use more environmentally-friendly juice compared to say Monaco, just like with petrol.

That's where lifting and coasting comes in handy. When you're on the throttle, the battery discharges, but otherwise, the battery charges up. Depending on the car and circuit obviously depends on how much energy you use compared to how much you harvest. Monza will use more environmentally-friendly juice compared to say Monaco, just like with petrol.
not really true for the toyota TS030
coasting in the last fast chicane of monza and it empty the battery
i expected to have it nearly full in the last curve to be able to use it in the straight but can't do it unless i brake in all those curves (variante ascari)

not really true for the toyota TS030
coasting in the last fast chicane of monza and it empty the battery
i expected to have it nearly full in the last curve to be able to use it in the straight but can't do it unless i brake in all those curves (variante ascari)

Having since gone around Le Mans in the TS030, I noticed that is the case, it doesn't charge while off-throttle. It may depend on the car because the Prius touring car does charge up whilst off throttle.

some cars recharge when you throttle off, some needs you to brake to recharge the battery
for me the problem of the TS030 is that it empty the battery (super capacitors) while coasting or accelerating by a few km/h in chicane style curve like variante ascari on monza
i'm quiet sure it's not the case in reality and for it to works you need some higher % on gaz pedal
because like that it's half useless

Back