hyperFocals Viewfinder [P:POWERHUNTERS Overview - 03/13/12]

• Thread starter stevetam
  • 10 comments
pentaxuser
hyperfocalsforza.jpg

Its been a long time in the making, but here I am presenting my own gallery of photos. Both edited and natural stock images will go up here through the times. I hope the passion of cylinders pounding and beautiful sheet metal is transmitted through this gallery. And most importantly, I aspire, to inspire others to go out into Forza Motorsport and make their own fantastic images! I am also looking for constructive critiques if anyone.

Click on the Directory Image to go to Gallery

First Attack: February 19, 2012

First Impressions:
Exploring the world of non-conventional Forza Motorsport Photomode.
Emphasis on giving an impression, either by the advertisement or magazine style format.
Range from Modern Day Exotics, to Hot Version Style Tuners all the way to the Classics.

BMW E30 M3 - Fujimi Kaido
6897777475_3990cf46fd_b.jpg

Aston Martin One-77 - Bernese Alps
6900540281_0e04e74620_b.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint 1600 GTA Stradale - Rally di Positano
6528730129_f88c5ae2f5_b.jpg

Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - Tsukuba Circuit
6900805647_aab1461f13_b.jpg

This has no comments? really? I love the presentation, and im also really diggin the Brochure-like photos. Its nice, and different then what you usually see. Only thing im iffy on is the amount of grain in the R33 photo. Other then that, great work.

For me its always about trying new ways of presenting photos. I"m looking forward to doing things we don't see as often, but I'm sure that normal photomode stuff will come along too. I'm considering doing a poster montage, its just that I have to nail the time.

Thanks alot for the input. Looking back that GT-R does have a bit too much grain. I was trying to get the 90's magazine look, but I over baked it. Leads me to wonder if my original tinted photo sans grain would have been a better choice.

For me its always about trying new ways of presenting photos. I"m looking forward to doing things we don't see as often, but I'm sure that normal photomode stuff will come along too. I'm considering doing a poster montage, its just that I have to nail the time.

Thanks alot for the input. Looking back that GT-R does have a bit too much grain. I was trying to get the 90's magazine look, but I over baked it. Leads me to wonder if my original tinted photo sans grain would have been a better choice.

Good, and keep doing what your doing, I really enjoy it.

As for the R33, the look does make it look period correct but maybe toned down a tiny bit. The backdrop of the garages and the Bridgestone logo actually looks quite real.

Project Preview: POWERHUNTERS

Thanks to an un-named friend, I've decided to do a SPEEDHUNTERS themed photoshoot. Nothing has really materialized yet. While I do have a few shots of a few unnamed cars; I am still working on this. Due to potential legal issues with using the brand SPEEDHUNTERS [SOPA/PIPA/etc.], I have made my own knock-off brand. POWERHUNTERS!

The goal is to have a collection of tuned cars that match the SPEEDHUNTERS look, feel and style of photography.

I will continue to update this particular post and append onto this thread any updates. To clarify this will be an ongoing project where I will shoot multiple vehicles (maybe even an online shoot ;) )

If you have any suggestions for cars and colour schemes and different bodykits and rims that could be applied, please leave a comment. I will really appreciate the feedback. By the end of this project I hope to be able to create a magazine style layout with very unique tuned cars from all over the world.

Preview-1.jpg

Are you actually allowed to use the SPEEDHUNTERS logo in your work?

That's a good question. I shall take a look. In consideration, I would not do something that could cause trouble for myself or the Forzaplanet Community. Hence I decided to rebrand the project.

Back