Hypothetical iOS/mobile version.

Would you be interested in an iOS/mobile version of GT2?

• Yes

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
iTribulationz
iResurrectionz
There are a couple threads relating to a re-release of GT2, but I feel those are concerning a PS3/PS4 version. This focuses on the idea of an iOS version or something similar.

How would you guys feel about it? Wouldn't have to be built essentially from scratch like a console version. Plus it likely wouldn't hinder the development of a new GT game as much as a remastered console version would. Already got most everything you need. Just do some fine tuning.

- Minor graphic improvements. Slight texture upgrades, increased draw distance, etc.
- Possibly increase field size from 6 to 8.
- Online mode with leaderboards and replays.
- Improved event generator.
- Return of every GT2 car, all race mod counterparts, and tracks.
- Addition of the GT1 version of Special Stage Route 11.
- Fixes for any existing bugs.

Sell it for anywhere from $5-$10. Would you go for it?

Some sort of free/open-source PC release would be better (extremely unlikely, but better), since the relicencing of cars wouldn't be needed (as car brands only need licencing for non-free games, correct me if I'm wrong) and mods/graphical adjustments can be made by the community.

This is that typical idea that seems good but would prove unsuccesful. I mean, I'd say I'd play that, but really, I don't think iOS is a good platform for any GT game. They're meant to be played with a joystick or with a steering wheel, and iOS devices only provide you a g-meter or, as another way to control the car, additional "keys" onto the screen. I tried some racing games on my iPhone and they all come with pathetically bad controls.
In addiction, people play on the iPhone in a very different way they do on a gaming console. When I turn my PS on, I've already decided that I'll play for the next half an hour or more, instead, when I play something on the phone, it's only to have some 5 minutes relaxing time, and I don't want a game to be difficult nor too involving (also because if you get too involved in a videogame when travelling by any Italian underground you'll likely reach home without your wallet). So, in my opinion, it would be technically possible, but I'd rather reccomend that re-release with a bargain price for PS3 or 4, maybe with some updated graphics, as an "appetizer" for the new versions of GT...

there are a couple threads relating to a re-release of gt2, but i feel those are concerning a ps3/ps4 version. This focuses on the idea of an ios version or something similar.

How would you guys feel about it? Wouldn't have to be built essentially from scratch like a console version. Plus it likely wouldn't hinder the development of a new gt game as much as a remastered console version would. Already got most everything you need. Just do some fine tuning.

- minor graphic improvements. Slight texture upgrades, increased draw distance, etc.
- possibly increase field size from 6 to 8.
- online mode with leaderboards and replays.
- improved event generator.
- return of every gt2 car, all race mod counterparts, and tracks.
- addition of the gt1 version of special stage route 11.
- fixes for any existing bugs.

Sell it for anywhere from $5-$10. Would you go for it?

yes!!! Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an owner of both an iPhone 3GS and 4S, I have to say they are just very, very bad platforms for racing games. Sure, some might be fun, but games like Real Racing and others have poor controls. The gyroscope isn't very convenient unless you are sitting on a flat surface. You can use that little on-screen wheel, but it is even worse.

I think that it would just be a bad idea for a game like this to be released on a poor platform like this.

he's right, as we all know that GT has been always available for Playstation only. Plus since its tough to control the cars in the game especially the FR cars. So its not possible unless theres a ios that has the controls of a joystick

Yes i would like one BUT i will be always Nokia fanboy and always will own a Nokia. People are pretty lazy at making games to Windowsphone so i will doubt it will come to WP which means its useless to me. :(

Back