Not open for further replies.

DriftShock

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Carlton, East Yorkshire
GSRT_MiraiNG
GAMERSWORLDxX
Ok, so I’m leaving. Hope you feel happy about it
Long story: I’ve been battling depression, Asperger Syndrome and Partial Deafness all my life. I join the Failrace Forums in 2015, and left in January this year because the forums had been dead for 3 months at that point. So I came here.

I’ve always loved GTP up until now, because unlike most Gaming forums it was a proper, serious community. No crappy memes, no idiots (excluding me) and no 1337speak. It was something new and enjoyable. I loved getting into conversations with others about how GT has changed, how Forza has changed; and it was all done in a serious and impartial but fun manner.

Now, however, because this is the internet; it’s suddenly become like a warzone between Forza and Gran Turismo, beef being hurled at each other over whether Polyphony Digital’s latest update to GTS is worth it or not (In my opinion, any content update is worth it)

And then I got mad. I just tried to shut down a war and ended up pissing off the entire forums. And now I can’t even apologise without getting (wholly deserved) abuse hurled at me from all sides. It’s making my life Hell, and I cannot do this anymore

I will leave the admins and staff on good terms, but this has just become another internet battlefield where people basically murder each other with hot-takes and false facts. Seeing as this isn’t based on Proboards (which allows you to fully delete your account), I’m just gonna stop turning up. And I apologise to everybody for being an arse.
But this is unacceptable for what considers itself a professional forum for Racing Simulators and just Gaming in general.
I may come back at some point but for now, I’m just gonna leave.
There’s also a chance I may never return, in which case blame me and yourselves. Blame me for kicking off the chaos and blame yourselves for turning this once-professional forum website into “Just another internet battleground”
Sayonara, Goodbye and good luck
Hopefully things improve, in which case I will return and maybe try to get to know everyone again
For now though, goodbye

Also, if we get any flaming going on I’ll just ask mods to lock the thread. This is a request to everyone including myself on this forum
(Also this is my 86th and final message on the forum, and my favourite car is a Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno :lol:)

Oh yeah, the Gran Turismo subforum exists.

Bye, have a good one!
Probably would’ve been better if they just called it FlamingPlanet. Both sides of this community are more toxic than Donald Trump

But this is unacceptable for what considers itself a professional forum for Racing Simulators and just Gaming in general.
I may come back at some point but for now, I’m just gonna leave.
There’s also a chance I may never return, in which case blame me and yourselves. Blame me for kicking off the chaos and blame yourselves for turning this once-professional forum website into “Just another internet battleground”
You called one of our users a "dumbass crybaby". Other users responded with, to paraphrase, "Oh he's 15? Figures."

This is what's called "false equivalence". You were directly abusive to other members - and our moderators removed a number of posts from that thread that got close to the same line that you blazed through - and they responded pretty dismissively.

There's no "battleground" but what's in your head, and the fact you felt the need to post a public "blaze of glory" leaving post rather stamps the wax on that. Stay or go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back