I-A Test

  • Thread starter Thread starter importfan1
  • 28 comments
  • 1,953 views
Messages
167
I'm stuck on the I-A test where you go throught the cones salom style. I can't seem to get it. When I go slow, I miss it by a lot. When I go fast enogh, I lose control of the car. How fast are you suppose to go in order to pass this test and how are you suppose to keep control of the car?
 
practice, practice, practice ;)

try modulating the gas a little and try to avoid using the brakes, also try to stay at a consistant speed (i.e. don't accelerate real hard coming out of the cone and then have to slam on the brakes coming into the next cone)
 
think i bronzed averaging 50-55 mph thru it, gas, off gas, gas, off gas... etc.
 
Only comment I can make: Try to stay at a steady speed and try to keep pointed to the finish line, i.e. no drastic turns in the slalom. Try to just barely keep from clipping the nearest cone.
 
and remember to turn early....lol i would have never known to do this if my instruct at my last auto-x didn't tell me to do it
 
If I remember correctly, you want to be in 3rd gear, but not much faster than the shift point from 2nd to 3rd. Let off the gas on turn in, once the car is pointed where you want it to go then get on the gas again. You definetly want to be turning before the cones each time.

Watch the demo in the in-car view with all the information displayed and see if you can pick up differences between what you are doing and what they are doing.
 
Alpha_32
and remember to turn early....lol i would have never known to do this if my instruct at my last auto-x didn't tell me to do it

Exactly. You have to think ahead and make your moves for the next set of cones while you are exiting the previuos set. As you come around a set of cones, let off the gas a bit to weight the front wheels and get the rear end to slide out, then apply the gas and start making your arc around the next set. As you start, the first two or three sets of cones you don't have to let off the gas at all, the next couple keep accelerating lightly and let off the gas between sets, and for the remainder you'll have to give a little brake between sets and give enough gas to maintain speed but not speed up too much, as you are coming out of the second to last set, give full throttle if possible and go all out for the finish. Result=Gold medal.:D BTW, the very next test is exactly the same but with the ASM turned off, so it's a good idea to go for it right after since you're all warmed up already.
 
CiboysInc
i'm stuck on the neurenberg.... :indiff:

that was pretty easy, i only allmost lost it about 3 times. i took my time and kept my eyes glued to the pace car brake lights, i finished it in 9:27

i think IA-9 was the hardest.
 
CiboysInc
i'm stuck on the neurenberg.... :indiff:

NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING! NURBURGRING!

God, if I see one more person call possibly the greatest track on Earth some variation of Nuremberg again I'm going to have to buy a gun!
 
Nürburgring it is called

Nürburgring GmbH
Otto-Flimm-Straße
D - 53520 Nürburg


This is the exact address, so please do not answer incorrectly, you can clearly see you mistyped the first U....
 
Oke mister precise, whats the eact diameter of the final corner of the Nu :) rburgring.
 
Darts
Oke mister precise, whats the eact diameter of the final corner of the Nu :) rburgring.

1.21 Gigawatts! Surprised you didn't know that.:dunce:
 
:lol: Nice one, CFM. The Nurburgring test was pretty easy. Kinda frustrating though since you're under the pressure of if you go off track you have to start ALL OVER. I finished it in 9'09.942. :D
 
as for the cone slalom, the biggest thing that helped me was to remember that it's a rhythm thing. I think the text description said something like "get off the gas right when you pass a cone, then back on when you're approaching the next set."
It's an update of the karate kid..."gas on...gas off...gas on..."
 
cone slalom was probobly one of the easier tests...lol.
i'm still stuck in S with the renault rally car around chiamonix.......so ****in hard!
 
Same here I'm doing the I- A test now! Heck just starting another retarded pacecar follow through on the Nurburgring.

I hate the tests this time, hope I dont have to do them ever again! On the bright side I have 25.1% done...
 
Integra Type R
:lol: Nice one, CFM. The Nurburgring test was pretty easy. Kinda frustrating though since you're under the pressure of if you go off track you have to start ALL OVER. I finished it in 9'09.942. :D

No doubt man. This was the most intense test I've done yet. I haven't tackled S yet. At first I was trying to stay on the pace car (which blocks the view of what is coming up) its sometimes hard to tell how hard he's breaking, and more times than often he'll coast through some turns. Finally, I'd go flat out in moderate technical areas and moderate speed in highly technical areas and wound up a little under 3 seconds off the silver. When I'm a little more familiar with the Ring, I plan to go back and attempt a gold. Golded A and B with a disappointing ease.
 
actually.. i did that test ( in bmw Z4 right?) better with the ASM and TCS OFF than the first time when it was on, just stay fairly close and use throttle control, it really shouldnt be that hard...

if i did it with a dual shock controller just over the silver time with the tcs and asm off lol it shouldnt be to hard... well unless your like me and keep trying to push the car and keep bumping the cones :D
 
Alpha_32
and remember to turn early....lol i would have never known to do this if my instruct at my last auto-x didn't tell me to do it

That's the most important part of any of those quick turning tests. and probably the only time I would say the 3rd person view is useful. At least a few times so you could get a better handle on the timing. Also, watch the demo a few times. That'll give you a good idea of how to handle it.
 
I remember having trouble with that one, all I did was read that little box before I started. Just get off the gas before you go into the turn and then get on it half way through the turn.
 
If it's the Z4 one, isn't that a I-B test?

<- who just golded it last night and kinda mixed up which licence he was doing.
 
My fastest time is a 39.6** after 2 tries. Being an autocross driver myself, here are my tips. This single license test is one of my favorite parts of the game!

Be SLOW, as in don't overshoot corners. Instead, keep the car as close to the cones as possible. And in order to do this, you have to be patient with the throttle. It helps to use the hood camera view. I never go past 2nd gear. Setup for the corners so that you sacrifice speed in a previous corner so that you can take the next corner better. This is very helpful in the middle section when you go around the 'boxes'. Use little, controlled steering inputs to reduce amount of body roll especially in the slalom part.
 
CiboysInc
i'm stuck on the neurenberg.... :indiff:
I was stuck for several attempts at the ring. But...I figured out I was trying way too hard.
First ignore the speed of the pace car.
I then figured to go 13 miles ini 10 minutes you need to average approx.77mph.
dont worry about the speed you lose in the turns, you will make up that in the straights. just hammer it in the straightaways! then take it really easy braking because of the bumps. I did it and made a bronze with 20 seconds to spare! and I suck at this game...
:crazy:
 
Took my time around the cones and steered smoothly so I wouldnt drift or lose it and hit a cone. Got a bronze after my 2nd try. Im not into getting all the golds yet, just trying to get all my licenses. Im stuck at the graduation test, gtr is so fast and fun I didnt mind failing so many times.
 
importfan1
I'm stuck on the I-A test where you go throught the cones salom style. I can't seem to get it. When I go slow, I miss it by a lot. When I go fast enogh, I lose control of the car. How fast are you suppose to go in order to pass this test and how are you suppose to keep control of the car?

Run as straight and smooth a line as possible. Get to where you just barely miss each cone. Tap the brakes before each cone without completely letting off the throttle, or if you do let off, get instantly back on it. Accelerate between each cone.

Using the brakes correctly makes it easy.

(As I remember, you don't need to start braking until the third cone.)
 
CiboysInc
i'm stuck on the neurenberg.... :indiff:

Tip for the neurenberg... use the in car view or front bumper(what i like to call it) and watch the gear indicator. when you get close to the turn the indicator will tell you what gear you need to be in. it works for most of the turns, the others just take some practice. with this method i easily beat it and halled @$$ through most of the track.

For importfan1 the cones... i used brake and gas at the same time, worked for me.
 
Selah_Racer
Tip for the neurenberg... use the in car view or front bumper(what i like to call it) and watch the gear indicator.

I totally agree. It really helped when I was learning the track because I couldn't remember which stretches and bends I could go full throttle on. Once I paid attention to the gear indicator I was able to keep up with the pace car no problem and brake in the right places, too. It really helps whenever I race the 'ring now.
 
Back