• 20 comments

Diego440

Born to browse
Premium
Venezuela
CCS
GTP_Diego
How did you find GTPlanet?
So I found GTPlanet browsing along for ways to make GT3 more challenging, though I had already been playing since the first one... and had already spent so many sleepless nights racing again and again to get the 12,000 credits you got by selling the Mazda Demio in GT1 over and over again.

Where are you from?
I'm from Venezuela, though I've lived in the States for 4 years and in Spain for 5 years. I'm currently in Venezuela again, since April of last year, and dunno how much longer I'll be staying this time, though it's about time to settle down, methinks.

When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
About a year after the first GT came out... oh, 1999?

Do you play with a steering wheel?
Never learned. I tried many times and felt amazingly awkward, though I've managed some good techniques with the controller.

What other games do you enjoy?
I bought the PS2 mainly to play GT3/4... though I enjoy Call of Duty (not very good at it), the GTA series (worse at it than at CoD) and the new NfS Shift is fun enough. In any case, I'm more serious about GT and I only use the other games as a 'resting period' of GT.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
Keep on being a jerk... and doing my contributions to the music and movies sections.

Last edited:
Hi Tom

There are many addicts here, you'll fit in fine ;)

ksm0489l.jpg

welcome Tom!

Just lettin' ya know, this is the introductory section, not the GTA (no, not GTA, GT-Aholics) section... i dont think we have one... Jooorrddaaan! I gotta new idea!

I know you have been a member a while, but I am going to welcome you to :gtplanet: anyway. :sly:
Welcome to :gtplanet: Tom Servo! :cheers:

Thanks.... though at the Sticky on this sub-forum, Jordan says

Jordan
Even if you've been around here for a while, it doesn't matter - just introduce yourself!

But again, thanks!

I searching for resources for GT2 some EIGHT years ago and found this site and a few others. This site remains. Most of the others are gone or have changed so drastically, they aren't worth the time.

Where are you from?
I'm from the lovely planet known as California. Though I've spent the last 2 decades in the great state of Kansas.

Nearly a decade ago when I first saw GT2 running in arcade mode in the local Sears store. I bought a PS from a friend for $10, and a copy of GT2 for $20.

Well, I own a wheel. A cheap one. I never did get the hang of it with a wheel. I have finally nailed down a pretty good set-up for the DS/DS2/DS3. It only took about 7 of the last ten years to figure out.
I don't game as much as I used to, but I enjoy the Baldur's Gate games for PS2, the entire Ace Combat series for PS2, and occasionally Gun.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
You will note that my post count has me at under 1,000 posts per year.
I come in a couple of times a week for kicks and giggles, but a LOT of the old timers that I came in with are now rare visitors.
So, I'll try to live up to the quality posting of: MrP, Boombexus, Klostophobic, UB58, Tatinee, and so many others from "back in the day".

Found GTPlanet many years ago but didn't frequent it. A couple of current members (online racing friends) convinced me to "come over", and I've been here everyday almost for the last year. I'm retired, so that's ok :)

Where are you from?
Born and raised in Canada, moving to SoCal to start high school (early '60's) and then relocating with the company to Georgia, 20 years ago.

I saw the first TV ads for PS1 in Sept.05 bundled with Ridge Racer and (I'm ashamed to say it) couldn't believe how "real" the cars looked :dunce: Since motorsports had been an important part of my life, I decided to try this. I hadn't played a video game in my life before and I've gone on to buy almost every racing game made since. Needless to say, been playing GT since Day 1.

Had wheels for years and never used them. Finally bought a VRC in 2002 and been a wheelman ever since (use Playseat now). The only game I play with the Sixaxis is MotoGP08.

I have owned every racing game made for PS system and have kept most of my favorites (still have 48 PS1 racing games for example). I usually replicate all the actual weekend races from the real world into my virtual world. If there is a Nascar race and an F1 race that weekend for instance, then I will race both those races (in full time) also. Some of the long weekends have as many as 5 races that I will replicate :)

Just my usual babbling with the hope that I truly do not insult or offend any of the members. :)

Since this where we all get to come out of the woodwork I'll jump in.

Through Sport Compact Car from way back in the day, like 2002 back in the day. I was looking for cheat codes or something to GT2.

Where are you from?
The great state of Meechiiiiigan in a little town call Lake Orion (Ore-e-un) about 40 miles north of Detroit. If you know where the Pistons play basketball, I can see the stadium from my house.

When GT1 hit the states. So what's that 1998 or something like that? That seem so long ago

No, I hate them and I think they are awful since I haven't found a wheel yet that feels like I'm actually driving a car. I prefer the pad, and even at that, I'm old school and use the D-pad instead of the analogue sticks.

Mostly RPG's like Mass Effect, Oblivion, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights and Diablo II. Other then that simulation type games like Flight Simulator X and Forza Motorsports. Arcade racers like PGR aren't too bad either. I play most of my games on the PC.

Give opinions, argue about cars and wonder if GT5 FOREVER: Episode 3 has turned into vaporware or not.

Since this thread seems to have grown on its own, I've changed the name

I'm not an addict. I can quit whenever I want.

I did notice it said that Tom Servo, it just feels strange welcoming people to :gtplanet:, when they have been here longer than me.

That being said, welcome to :gtplanet: Gil, ANFD and Joey D.:sly:

(all together) HI TOM!! So tell us how long since your last GT craving? :nervous:. Have you thought about the 12 step program. Anyways welcome, nice to meet ya.

What curtailed my gaming was a case of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Had to decide on video games or guitar.
I gave up the video games.
I still play on occasion...

I never actually introduced myself either, So, here goes.
I was browsing for info on the Toyota 88C-V, as there was none anywhere on the bloody internet. Found tidbits of info, and found a place where I can get my GT freak on, as i'm pretty much the only GT fan on this whole island. Came here with absolutely no experience with forums or anything of that sort, talked like test message talk, all the time before I came here and got those edges sanded away.
Where are you from?
A little island called Jamaica, in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. Popular vacation spot.
GT1 was the first game I got with my PS1 which was the first console I got. It was about when I turned 5, or 6, I don't remember, so that's either 2001 or 2002
I spent almost all of my GT life using the controller, until I came here and heard of all the fun and advantages of a wheel, so I got a G25 for christmas in 2008, and my controller has been gathering dust since.
I have had just about every Need for Speed since Underground, except for Shift, which I don't plan on getting anymore. I was a racing game only person, until I got Killzone 2, which sparked my interest in other FPS. I picked up MW2 last christmas, and it's what I mostly play now, until GT5 finally arrives, who knows when.
Discuss, share opinions, have fun, make friends. Just have a good time with my GT brothers and sisters.

When GT3 was new, my brother and I wanted to learn. He found GTP but I joined it ( to think that was 7 years ago)

Where are you from?
Born and Raise - CenCali

About a year after the first GT came out... oh, 1999?

Somewhat..though I wanted a DFGT
Street Fighter and other fighter games. I don't know how good I am in Modern Warfare 2 yet..
Doing my part as a old veteran.

I wanted to learn how to drift in GT4 as well as mod in GT3 so I did a search and GTP came up.

Where are you from?
I was born and raised in New Hampshire then my family moved us to miserable Florida. I don't mind it so much now that I have my Barracuda, but I still hate the weather.

Around when GT2 came out. My parents bought me a PS1 for Christmas with GT1, GT2, and NFS High Stakes.

I had a G25 but I ended up selling it (terrible idea). When I did have it it was really fun though, although I was still quicker with the controller.

Pretty much anything that has cars in it, I really like Test Drive Unlimited. Haven't played anything new in ages though (ancient computer and can't afford a next gen system)

Updating my thread about my Barracuda, 740, and my friends Beetles, and trying not making too much of an ass out of myself (even if I haven't done so well in the past).

I was using the IGN boards for GT information until somehow I fell into this pile of misfits.

Where are you from?
18 years worth of Colorado. 2 years worth of Arizona. 16 more years of Colorado.

About a year after the first GT came out... oh, 1999? (what D said)

Yes, I made the switch about two years ago and I will never go back. I do miss the days laying down on the sofa to play GT.

InFamous, Guitar Hero, Pain, High Velocity Bowiling, Little Big Planet

Modding the Amazing and Cool Photo thread with an IRON FIST :mischievous:

I came across the GT Planet at the same time I started posting times at GTTimes.com for GT3 around 2002-ish? (still have a #1 time there too :D). I came across the homepage for GTPlanet MANY times and kept saying, there's nothing here by looking at just the front page :ouch: So eventually I got past the home page coincidentally right after I completely finished sim mode in GT4 (took two months and a week, those 24 hr races are garbage! (imo)) and whats this?...Its the WRS! w00t!

Where are you from?
I live in a small suburb called Hillsboro west of Portland. Thought I grew up in the Willamette valley where the women and wine are divine :) I did live in Citrus Heights, CA for a while when I was in Kindergarten, but the rest of the time its been the Pac-NW baby!

I traded in my N64 and some games for a PS1 and Gran Turismo. I had just gotten my license in real life and it was the license tests that got me really fired up about the game. And I'm a sucker for two things in video games; side scrolling adventure (Super Metroid yo!) games and realism. My friends thought I was nuts giving up what I had for GT (and also Crash Bandicoot II). But I've never looked back and I eventually bought my N64 again.

I started out with a pad, but since I love realism, I only use a wheel now. However, I'm not as fast with it, and I need more seat time.

Zelda, Call Of Duty, Ratchet And Clank, Metroid, I also enjoy plaing the 'let's guess how long the next GT game is going to be delayed for!'

I'm currently just bumming around the site here and there. Once GT5 comes out, the WRS will be in full swing again and I'll be rockin' that day in and day out. Also I'm really looking forward to LAN'ing again with my boys in Seattle and San Fran 👍

Jerome

About 6 years ago i used to hang around Mustang Man's (now SkylineObsession) Gran Turismo Website, which i found whilst looking for GT3 set-ups and GT4 new/info, and saw a lot of references to GTPlanet. Like most folks i came here for Gran Turismo, but stuck around for the camaraderie and the fact that it's so well run.

Where are you from?
From Harrogate, North Yorkshire originally. But now live and work in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Bought a PSone for the original Gran Turismo when it first came out in Europe.

I own a wheel (DFP) but have always traditionally been a button/stick basher. I know i really need to dust my wheel off and start using it, especially now the game's handling is getting more and more realistic and pad users are going to struggle.

I had a fair variety of games for the PSone and PS2, but the older i get, the less time i seem to have for gaming. When i get the chance i do still enjoy AoE, StarCraft, SimCity3000 and GT Legends on the PC and the Call of Duty series on the PS3. I've been playing the GTA series too since it sprang into 3D but find that once i've finished the storylines i rarely go back to them. Little Big Planet is another favourite that i feel i'll be looking at again soon

I still get a kick from reading new GT5 info, but find myself mostly trawling through the rest of the site's threads. Although i still spend just as much time here as i ever did, looking at the posts i've made it appears as if my presence here is diminishing (which it isn't) i guess there's just been a bit of a stagnation of threads that i've had an opinion to add to.

I own a wheel (DFP) but have always traditionally been a button/stick basher. I know i really need to dust my wheel off and start using it, especially now the game's handling is getting more and more realistic and pad users are going to struggle.

Not to mention you drive automatic :odd:

I started out with the GTF (Gran Turismo Forums), mis-typed the URL one day back in December 2001, and thought the site was down. I was searching on Google for some more information on whether to buy GT or not (since I was already a GT2 junkie), and found GTPlanet.net was a great alternative (that many GTF members were already [or became] members of GTP was a seal of approval). In fact, I found it much more involving a community than the other site (which isn't really a knock on the GTF/GTFX, but they had an already established member base that had been around for many years before I'd joined).

Where are you from?
I've lived in Florida since I was 8, so I basically consider myself a Floridian-American.

April 2000, received Gran Turismo 2 as a gift. Although I confess I played only Gran Turismo's arcade mode in 1998 for a week or to, and hadn't given Simulation Mode any thought.

No.

All the GT games, but few others. I have rarely played any video games since 2006. To be honest, I hadn't been much of a gamer in my adult years until I had a PSX in 1997, really only to play Formula One Championship. I'm more of a car nut/racing fan that likes video games, rather than the other way around. My PS2 is dead, I have no plans for a PS3 at this time, and only my PSX survives. I don't personally care for video games much anymore, to be honest...there's so much else to do.

I believe in the noble, aristocratic art of nothing absolutely nothing. And one day, I hope to be in a position to do even less...Actually, it's far more interesting to talk about the real-world stuff that goes on in my life: That's what keeps most everyone returning to GTPlanet in the first place! Come to talk about games, stay for everything else.

Last edited:
Back