I am Overheating

overheating

Premium
United States
OREGON
overheating
I would like to first say Thank You to the moderators, especially Jordan for all of your work in making the site what it is. (I guess I have seen Jordan's posts the most, although I can remember Sphinx I think was another big guy.)

* How did you find GTPlanet?
--I used to frequent another forum looking for GT posts. I was linked to GT planet several times, and ended up going to the source.

* Where are you from?
--I was born and raised in Colorado. I now live in Las Vegas, NV for the past 8-10 years.

* When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
--I can vaguely remember visiting a friends house and seeing them play GT1-2, it looked interesting but never got a chance to play. Months later we got a ps1 along with GT2. Have been addicted ever since. That is not to say that I have always had the ability to play at will. After growing up and moving out, I was left to my own devices and had to leave GT with my younger siblings.
I bought GT3 the day it came out, even though I didn't even own a PS2. I ended up giving the game to my best friend, and basically introduced him to the game. We used to have license test wars, where we would take turns going for gold. The only rule was whoever had the current best time made the rules. Hours of fun. This continued through GT4, and later Tourist Trophy.

* Do you play with a steering wheel?
--As of right now I have a Dual Force GT wheel. I asked for a G27 for Christmas, but Later decided that I would need a whole cockpit for a wheel of that caliber. The DFGT is attached to a little computer desk, I plan to build a proper stand for it, let it die, and then purchase the latest clutch wheel.

* What other games do you enjoy?
--I got Uncharted 2 for the holiday, and I have been having a blast with it. I rented Call Of Duty 2 MW. and was torn between it and Uncharted. I figured it had to be something special to take G.O.T.Y. over MW2...so I bought it without ever playing it.

* What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
--My work schedule is very hectic now, but I do enjoy the occasional online race. I love to see where I rank among the rest. I just wish I as much time to spend behind the wheel as some of these younger members do. I am very much looking forward to the online portion of GT5, and can't wait to rub some panels with others live cars. I found the online portion in Prologue to be the main reason I kept racing. The adrenalin rush of catching up, or trying to keep up with a strong opponent made the game worth it.

Will wonders never cease. A new member who is over the age of 8 (having lived in LV, NV for that long) and has proper sentence structure!

Welcome aboard, overheating. May your stay be much, much longer than that of the last person to start an Introduce Yourself thread. :cheers:

Indeed, a nice introduction Overheating! Welcome to :gtplanet: :cheers:

You may want to take a look out of TB's window if you need to cool down a little! :lol:

Welcome to GTP! :cheers:
I hope your stay here is a pleasant one!

Indeed, a nice introduction Overheating! Welcome to :gtplanet: :cheers:

You may want to take a look out of TB's window if you need to cool down a little! :lol:

So I forgot to tell you why I call myself overheating. I was born with a skin condition called ichthyosis, which causes my skin to be very dry. Along with constant dry skin, I also do not have the ability to sweat. So, I typically am a little warm. It can be dangerous, especially in the summertime. I have to be very carefull about where I go, and how long I will be outside.

I thought about it for a while, and figured it worked for an automobile reference as well as being very accurate in describing me.

@Smallhorses, Very similar to a dog, but panting doesn't work. Neither does sticking my head out the window. :)

Welcome to GTP mate! That sounds like a hard thing to deal with having ichthyosis, best of wishes to you having to deal with that.

Along with constant dry skin, I also do not have the ability to sweat. So, I typically am a little warm. It can be dangerous, especially in the summertime. I have to be very carefull about where I go, and how long I will be outside.
I can't imagine that Las Vegas is really the best place for you, is it?

My son has Cystic Fibrosis and is more or less the opposite - he sweats no matter what, which is also dangerous as we constantly have to make him drink more than a normal 4 year old to stay hydrated.

Best of luck with the ichthyosis. :)

You are absolutley right, Vegas isn't really the best place for me. But it worked in my favor. Because I have to stay indoors all summer, my wife got me a huge tv, a PS3 GT5P and a wheel. So I don't go stir crazy.

Welcome overheating. To be nosey, you mentioned work in the OP, what do you do?

I work for a company that sells and installs Aloha point of sale systems. I do the programming of the menu, system and hardware. I get to train the staff, and take the business live. Then I support their hardware and software as long as they use our programming. Because of this, I have also become the I.T. Department for all friends and family.

* Do you play with a steering wheel?
--As of right now I have a Dual Force GT wheel. I asked for a G27 for Christmas, but Later decided that I would need a whole cockpit for a wheel of that caliber. The DFGT is attached to a little computer desk, I plan to build a proper stand for it, let it die, and then purchase the latest clutch wheel./QUOTE]

Good luck killing that DFGT. My DFP stood up to likely 30 or 40 thousand in-game miles, asked for a new internal plastic gear, and has gone the same number over again and is still working fine. Although, some of the face buttons and the left side paddle work only occasionally and I had to epoxy the sequential shifter mount back together after breaking it in a fit of rage at Project Torque.

Welcome aboard, Mr. Heat Miser! ;) Have fun here, and I look forward to racing you online some time this year, hopefully.

Thanks for the kind words, Overheating. Welcome! :cheers:

Very nice introduction Overheating 👍

Welcome to :gtpflag:

Enjoy the forum :cheers:

Great Intro, Overheating, not too great about the 'overheating' part though. Ah well, enjoy your (free) stay here at
gtpflag.gif
, unless you get premium :sly:...

Last edited:
Im from Colorado!.... I miss it

We miss it a bunch too, but it is easier to make a living in the big city. 👎

This used to be our daily driver. When we didn't have to get on the highway.

This picture is taken about 16 miles up the mountain from Vallecito Lake. Which is about 30 min East of Durango CO.

Great intro mate, always nice to see someone new I hope you enjoy your time here at GTPlanet.

:)

I recommend a new thermostat, housing, radiator, coolant, and a...oh, never mind.

Enjoy your stay.

Back