I am stuck at work and dying to know if the v1.0 patch affects DK1 support.

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
I am hearing ALOT of bad news regarding the DK2 support.

I have played AC in my DK1 for HOURS, and I will be annoyed if the DK1 support has been changed because of the new patch.

Has anyone played it on DK1 since the 1.0 patch arrived?

Ok, I found out the hard way. DK1 support is also shot. Damn.

Now begins the wait for assetto corsa in VR again. I had a bad feeling when I updated.

Other than that, the v1 update is pretty awesome. The sound is great. The content is great. But damn, I already miss the inside of all my cars.:indiff:

Hey man can you give us a mini review of how VR Works with pc sims, how you get it to work etc? I'm really considering buying dk2.. is it worth it or should i invest in a triple screen setup?

Hey man, I am probably not the best person to do a review on getting it working and such. I only have DK1 at the moment with DK2 in its way.

For assetto corsa, dk1 is pretty much plug and play. Initially at the 1200x800 resolution it was pretty much unplayable. I cranked the resolution up to 1080p and it made it perfectly playable.

I am one of the types that can look past dk1 shortcomings so assetto in VR prior to this update was amazing for me. It completely killed monitor racing for me. The sense of being in the car is crazy good. I became faster in the rift than on a monitor.

Since the latest update though, VR support has become completely broken. The sense of scale is way off, the car looks massive. The steering wheel looks about 1 meter in diameter. Prior to the update though, scale was spot on.

If you have cash at your disposal, get a rift. It is made for driving. Be be aware of the screen door effect, and the fact that it takes am hour or two to get used to it. If you can lookpadt the shortcomings , you won't be dissapointed.

They released an update for that today. The Steam version was missing a file and reporting the IPD as 0. That's why the scale was messed up and the 3D was missing.

That said, wow! For someone who's expecting no pixel structure, they might be initially shocked by the blockiness, but if you've adjusted to it, this AC update is the real deal. Spectacular experience now with DK2 and the fixed update. It's still not the most friendly procedure to get going, but major improvement in that area too (over yesterday).

Seeing those shocks moving on the hood of the X-Bow while playing the Italian hill climb... pretty effing spectacular.

I'm so jealous.. can't wait for the Consumer version to come out and make triple screen setups seem like using a radio to play on. ;)

Back