I am stuck with Production vs. Race Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter bdp2340
  • 17 comments
  • 1,685 views
Messages
12
I am at 22% completion and I am stuck with the championship race at Professional Races. All of the other cars are race cars. My Opel that I bought to race in the European Races that wins me all kinds of money, gets smoked. My crazy fast Z06 gets stomped, C5R is too slow and my Ford Gt can't keep up. I thought my driving skills were pretty good but I just suddenly hit a wall and cannot win this thing.

What car should I be using?

And I am at the point where production cars just can't do it anymore?
 
Specifically: WHICH Opel & WHICH Race? ...O.G. :D
 
If you want to finish the GT World Championship then you will need a different car. A good car. A race car. A GOOD race car. Something along the lines of an LMP car will win this series hands down. Don't fret too much, though. There are more series and races that you can run with a production car no problem. The El Capitan Enduro is a fine example.
 
I complete a few more races and got to 25% which unlocked the Endurance Races. I won the 66 Lap El Caputan with C5R and won the Minolta Race Car. It seems as though this car should do the trick. I will let you know.

On a side note; I wish you didn't have to rely on Race Cars as much. I enjoy the Production cars so much more. The LMP cars are fine because they are based on production cars. I don't like all the formula stuff. They should save them for a different game.
 
bdp2340
I complete a few more races and got to 25% which unlocked the Endurance Races. I won the 66 Lap El Caputan with C5R and won the Minolta Race Car. It seems as though this car should do the trick. I will let you know.

On a side note; I wish you didn't have to rely on Race Cars as much. I enjoy the Production cars so much more. The LMP cars are fine because they are based on production cars. I don't like all the formula stuff. They should save them for a different game.

When was the last time you saw a Bentley Speed 8 on the road? :lol:

Just kidding with you, but LMP means LeMans Prototype, as in, not a production model.
 
I just saved up 3.5 million credits to buy me a 787B, and A-Spec'd the Championships...
 
Ebiggs
When was the last time you saw a Bentley Speed 8 on the road? :lol:

Just kidding with you, but LMP means LeMans Prototype, as in, not a production model.
They're still actually baseed on road cars design, they have to be able to occupy at least 2 people, the cars themselves, could be made road legal unlike an F1 or Indy car.
 
Japan>Mazda>Classics (I believe)
 
Question: what production car is the Audi R8 based off? The lolas? The bentley? LMP cars arnt based off production cars, their prototypes! Cars like the C5R, Aston Martin DBR9, The Ferrari 575 GTc, were based off production cars. Thats why theyy can compete in the GT1 field in ALMS. Thes cars dont have 2 seats either. But Ferrari came out with a 550 LM car, based of the le mans winning 550
http://www.esmotorsport.com/PressRelease550LM.htm
 
I thought there are a few LMP cars based off the Skyline and Supra?
 
There are 4 classes in Le Mans ...

LM P1
LM P2
LM GT1
LM GT2

LM P1 consists of cars specially developed for Le Mans ... They are not based off any production model ...

LM P2 consists of cars specially developed for Le Mans and may or may not be based off a production model. Basing your LM P2 off a production model allows you to run up to a 4 liter naturally-aspirated engine, whereas an LM P2s not based off a production model are limited to 3.6 liter naturally-aspirated engines. Massive modifications are allowed to be performed on production-based LM P2 vehicles. The production based LM P2s do not have to be street legal.

Read here ... http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/reglements_gb.html
 
bdp2340
What car should I be using?

And I am at the point where production cars just can't do it anymore?

What I used for the GTWC was the F1 car :dunce: . You win it in the Nurburgring 24h endurance. Or you can use the Toyota Minolta that you win in the El Capitan endurance. Or you can save up 4.5 million credits and buy something like a Mazda 787b, Peugeot 905, Nissan R92CP, etc. If you are still at 22%, and can't do any endurances, complete some of the mission hall and do manufacturer races to boost your completion percentage to 25%.

To your second question, you can still use production cars in the manufacturer races, some of the endurances, one or two Extreme Hall races, the Special Hall races, and Family Cup races.
Trust me, you'll still be using production cars for a lot longer than you think. ;)

Hope this helps,
Duck7892
 
bdp2340
I thought there are a few LMP cars based off the Skyline and Supra?
If you're thinking about Skyline or Supra or NSX based Racers I believe what you mean is JGTC not LMP. I could be wrong but I believe the initials stand for Japanese Grand Touring Championship. These Racers are MUCH closer to production cars than the LMP Rides. You might want to take a look at this thread:

http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61239

A Formula GT Ride is definitely NOT needed to beat the Gran Turismo World Championship. In fact ANY "LMP" ride should easily win it WITHOUT HP Upgrades. 👍 ...O.G. :D
 
Don't make the same mistake as I did and buy a JGTC NSX thinking it will win. No matter how much you hop it up the comp gives you 200 A Spec odds. If you put on tires that will allow you to keep up the corner pace you'll be pitting twice as much as everyone else.

Yes sir this is a tough one.

I found a Mazada 787b did the trick well. I imagine any of the Black LMP car's would do the job. If you aren't at that point try the regular race versions. They are even better.
 
just go and win the toyota 7 or the nissan r89c from the mission hall and u should win with ease
 
Back