I bet Mine's can Beat Yours! Or can it?? SRinc. Finds Out the Hard-Way...

• Thread starter SRinc.
  • 6 comments
PSN?!? What PSN?!?
Hey GTP, STiCK here from Strictly Racing Inc., im fairly new to GTP been a member since Jan. '09 but haven't done much activity so im redeeming myself with a slew of test, comments and most of all comparisons between pretty much any make and model car and/or any comparisons recommended for example the EP3 vs DC5, which im puttin on a to-do-list. Ok enough with the pleasantries lets get down to it. So "I bet Mine's can Beat Yours!" caught you eye, well its no pun intended. I put my favored Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) against Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec (R34). It was due to have an unbalanced or rather an outcome hard to predict just by the line-up. The scale balance's one GT-R in one way then the next in another. So here's the run down, Mine's GT-R comes in putting out a healthy 855hp and weighing in at just 2864 lbs.! That's just over 200 more lbs. than a stock DC2 LS trim coupe. On the other side SRinc.'s GT-R shows up with a beastly 911hp and weighing in at just 53 more pounds than the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 16 EvoIII sedan a slim 3007 lbs.. Consider that because that's a huge weight diff from the stock 3439 lbs. it was purchased at. Now this bout was to be held at Laguna Seca, but after watching an old replay of one of my silver Evo VIII GSR's at Grand Valley Speedway East, i decided to take the R34's there instead. And heres the turn out after the debris and smoke settled...

::Grand Valley Speedway East Best Lap Times::
Mine's GT-R : 1'01.054*
SRinc.'s GT-R: 1'01.538

::0-400M Times and Speeds::
Mine's GT-R : 0'.09.253 @ 166 mph*
SRinc.'s GT-R: 0'.09.501 @ 174 mph

::0-1000M Times and Speeds::
Mine's GT-R : 0'.16.145 @ 218 mph
SRinc.'s GT-R : 0'.15.997 @ 236 mph*

::Conclusion::
So after crunching numbers and re-running sessions over and over to be sure i had things correct and wasn't mis-judging any thing, the results came out as posted above. Mine's R34 is a great GT-R and car at that. It uses its wider RPM band at take off as its max RPM is at 8000 RPM opposed to SRinc.'s R34 max RPM at 9000 that pounces at every gear change. This results in more of a "drawn-out" feel like almost a lag, when it comes to lower gear and RPM acceleration. But in corners its nimble but not quite as aggressive as the GT-R tuned by SRinc. Our Skyline did have the tendency to over-steer but with proper LSD, weight bal., and rigorous suspension dailing in it becomes a pro instead of a con. I was almost surprised at the track runs the 0-400m and 0-1000m. See Mine's R34 weighs 143 lbs. less than the GT-R Nur. But the robust tranny and drive-train in the Nur V-Spec II kicked butt on the track. Yes it lost the 0-400m but it finished at a higher speed. Now on the 0-1000m thats where SRinc. cars shine at, straight away acceleration and top end acceleration are key assets in the tuning process. So its no shock that it pulled off a 0'15.997 time at 236 mph. So who get's the "W" in this head to head? Well numbers don't lie and with that being said the victor is Mine's 2000 Skyline GT-R. Give it a try with your tuned Mine's GT-R and your best GT-R, not necessarily a R34 either, and we'll see if mine can beat yours after all, happy tuning.

hey thnx, it was an equal brawl on both sides but only one could prevail victor. I've come to face the fact that SRinc.'s GT-R lost in a head to head with Mine's GT-R. Agony of defeat isnt sweet, but re-tuning for that perfect upper hand for the next time around surely is. I've yet to set-up another head to head but i like EVO vs STi, thanks again and happy tuning!

SRinc., why can't you start a tuning shop, if you're so good at tuning?

SRinc., why can't you start a tuning shop, if you're so good at tuning?

thnx, you can say i have, there are certain cars i tune on a "tune-shop demo car" prespective. like i have an entire Honda line up consisting of Civics, Integra, NSX's and NSX-R, Accord's, S2000's, a CRX and Del Sol all Black in color with Enkei tire 41 the black and red rims. there all tuned similar just on different chassis. but if you mean an online one for GTP sure why not just tell me how.

*new Part 2 thread is up!

Last edited:
Back