I cant recieve a car..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT4LIF3
  • 15 comments
  • 808 views
Messages
7
Hi everyone,

I cant recieve a car that my friend gifted me. It is a Toyota 7 and I can see it in the gift section of community but it wont let me recieve it. Whenever I press on it or recieve all, nothing happens. I was checking if I could even delete it and it wouldnt allow me, it says Upload Failed whenever I try to delete it. When I log on to www.gran-turismo.com and use the My Home feature it doesnt even show that the Toyota 7 is in the gifts section. I had my save file deleted due to someone accidently turning off the power and I started again and now some of my cars pictures dont appear in my garage and in the community section it shows a different picture to the one that I set. So could someone please help me with this issue also. Could the deletion of the save file have caused all of this? I dont know whats wrong with my account.

Can anyone help me please. It would be very much appreciated.


Thanks.
 
that's odd because right now i cant gift a car... havent sent a car out for days and suddenly i cant send it to anyone.
 
Yeah the car that my friend sent has been stuck there for a week now. I really do not have any idea as to what has happened to the gifting system.
 
Hi, after reading all, It seems your save file is corrupt, I might and I hope Im wrong.. Do GT5 save file even can be corrupt? maybe someone knows!?
 
Hi, after reading all, It seems your save file is corrupt, I might and I hope Im wrong.. Do GT5 save file even can be corrupt? maybe someone knows!?

I don't think its corrupted because its allowing me to play on it. I really need help with this, please someone.
 
I've haven't had a gift car yet but I can't get some of the images of cars (mostly standards) as well. I became the first person known to Sony about internet problems they said that I should try and back up the saved utility which I did, re uploaded the last update. Still didn't work eventually found out that it was because I was under 18 when I set my account up and had to sort it out. After that I go into the garage had to reupload my Stealth cars but the images for some don't appear.
 
You may want to try clearing your cache. I do believe you can find it in options, can't look right now as I am in a 24hr endurance race.
 
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll clear my cache and see if it works.
 
GT4LIF3
I don't think its corrupted because its allowing me to play on it. I really need help with this, please someone.

well maybe it alows you to play and still is corrupt (had this in other type of games). In your place I would try to Enter other User on your PS3 (if you have one, I use them for Unique PS store downloads) and then try what you described, if it works fine then problem is in your Save file.. if it still dosnt maybe something with Internet settings or router gone wild...

WRECKU
You may want to try clearing your cache. I do believe you can find it in options, can't look right now as I am in a 24hr endurance race.

ohh, forgot about that, it helped me a few times.. try this first for sure! Its in options - sroll down in Internet options - select Clear cache. It will take a while (2 min max) depends how dirty it is :lol:
 
I did a trade yesterday and I didn't get my car until a hour after it was sent. I guess it just takes a while.
 
-MOPAR-
I did a trade yesterday and I didn't get my car until a hour after it was sent. I guess it just takes a while.

last days I receive a lot of game freeze online, It seems GT servers are overloaded again..
 
simple delays as sony servers are with lag due to all the duping atm. alot of traffic of gifts as u may understand.

I found out that logging out and back on did the trick yesterday for me.
 
Thanks for the suggestions above.

I tried clearing the cache but the gifting issue I'm having still didn't work. I've waited a week and it still isn't letting me recieve it. Anyone else know a solution to my problem? Please help me out someone. If it does not work after I try everything I can do, will I have to call PD or Sony?
 
simple delays as sony servers are with lag due to all the duping atm. alot of traffic of gifts as u may understand.

I found out that logging out and back on did the trick yesterday for me.

I've tried logging out and back in plenty of times but it still isnt working.
 
Back