I can't restore my driver view

• Thread starter zzcett
  • 6 comments
Forgive the noob post, and yes, I did search the FAQs...

I am running GT4 on my PS2 with the Logitech GTForcePro wheel. I used to have a driver
view with just the gauges and no hood and no rearview mirror. I pushed some
buttons or something and now I only get either the front view with the hood of the car, or no hood, but with the rearview mirror (and of course the outside car view). I want to return to the view without the hood (or the mirror) - how do I do that?

Thanks,

zz

As far as I know, if you use the driver view, you have the mirror.

Have you checked through the options to see if you can turn the mirror on/off?

Yup- I checked the options- not there.
The view I used to have is like the one with the hood, but without the hood!
Or like the one with the rearview mirror, but without the mirror!

In trying to restore my original view, I did run across a mode where it put
up an image of the steering wheel on the screen- couldn't find that one
documented anywhere, but not what I was after....

thanks

zz

So, let me get this straight:

You used to drive with the bumper cam? The lowest one without anything visible of the car, right?

Then, you messed with the DFP which you shouldn't do and now you only got the hood view with the rear mirror, right?

Well, try to mess with it once more :P

Try and check all the options in all kinds of menus, if that doesn't work, go out on track with a car and try out some buttons. If that doesn't work, try some button combinations.

You have the display mode set to "simple", with no gauges, trackmap, timing, placing or anything else. Check through the instruction manual - or hit "pause" while driving and select "Options" - and you'll find a way back out.

You have the display mode set to "simple", with no gauges, trackmap, timing, placing or anything else. Check through the instruction manual - or hit "pause" while driving and select "Options" - and you'll find a way back out.

Nope- not it. Didn't change simple/normal when this happened, although I've
tried it both ways since. Instruction manual doesn't mention what I'm guessing is
"bumper cam" or how to toggle through what must be hidden choices.

I used to have gauges, just no rearview mirror or hood. Now I have gagues
and either the hood or rearview mirror (or the outside car view).

Thanks, though.

zz

Back