I can't wait for PS3 (GT4 content. Really.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaelthraFire
  • 8 comments
  • 910 views
Messages
29
Ever since I won a Shelby Cobra waaay back on my PlayStation with GT2, I've loved the car. The throaty sound, the ability to smoke the tires past 100mph, all of it beautiful to me. But, As soon as I brought it out to Laguna Seca for it's first run, I was appaled by the fact that the Top could not be lowered for racing. It's like watching a beautiful woman go swimming in a sweatshirt.

Lo and behold, I buy myself one of the brand new PS2 systems with the upgraded graphics for DVDs and such. I'd been playing GT4 for a few weeks on and off, and had just bought a New Shelby Cobra 427. I had hoped, after numerous years that either Sony or Polyphony could make it so I could race my beautiful Cobra with the top down. Amazing driving physics, light graphics, backgrounds, everything amazed me in the game. I sit down in my gaming chair and get the Shelby out of my garage, hoping that the amazing graphics would even allow me to keep the top down. But no. Not the case. I don't want to see a helmet'd head moving with the steering, nor do I want to see it bash around if you crash. I just wanted to see the car without the ugly-ass black canvas top.

PD thought it was enough to make the Wiper blades on Race Cars twitch on Sarthe, and for Mudflaps on Rally cars to move when you hit a dirt surface. But they could not grant me my one wish to drive my car with the top down. Thus, I cannot wait for both GT5 and PS3, because then mabye I'll see my car the way Caroll Shelby designed it.

So now to the point of this thread: What other cars in GT4 did you find look beautiful in the garage and showroom with the top down, only to be sadly dissapointed with the after-thought type fold-up roof? Piss-poor shading, crappy color, and dissapointing lines in relation to the rest of the car? Post your options.
 
Well, in practice mode you can... GT just can't get its graphic engine to run six cars with top-down detail...
 
Ah. I don't do practice runs very much, because my time is restricted. So I can't explore some of the other parts of the game like Photomode n' stuff.
 
You can also race them in two-car races in Arcade Mode, with the top down. It's all about the added detail.. it's just not powerful enough to push all six cars with the top down, but it can push two. That's why cars like the Tank Car and Model T can only be driven alone.. they're too high-poly to have anything else on the track with them.

PS3, on the other hand? Shouldn't be a problem. Any change in the racing field with an open-top car would probably be to reduce the field from 24 to 20. Whoopty-doo. Ditto for the high-poly cars. Or, depending on how much spare power is left over, they might just leave the number of cars alone, if the system can push it. We don't know how hard the system will be running to get 24 cars on the track.. might not be that hard at all.
 
*Crosses fingers* One can only hope. But of course, Ps3 is going to cost like $550 canadian when it comes out. >.< Plus another $80-90 for GT5, and I'b blowing two paychecks.
 
i saw that gt 5? or whatever trailer they had on for the ps3, i thought i was seeing things when more than 6 cars went round...

is this gonna be the norm for gt5? 20 ish cars?
 
i know someone who won one of the PS3's given away at E3.. it actually upgrades the graphics of GT4.. scratches on the car & stuff.. from what i hear. i dont know about the top-down graphics or anything like that.. the person i'm reffering to happens to work at microsoft & was telling me not to get xbox first, as they're having downward-compatibility issues.. just something i heard, nothing concrete. The Vision-GT was a demo, like the videos you see at the beginning & end of GT4.. samples, not actual game-play, so get your hopes up too much. I know i'm getting PS3 when it comes out tho.. prolly a few months later though, give it time for bugs & stuff to be worked out.. and prices[maybe]:dunce:
 
BFI
i saw that gt 5? or whatever trailer they had on for the ps3, i thought i was seeing things when more than 6 cars went round...

is this gonna be the norm for gt5? 20 ish cars?
We don't know yet for sure, but according to the vid, there SHOULD be 20ish car. But do you really want 20 stupid AI try to keep their line by pushing themselves ( and you ) in the grass? I don't. But if the AI is better than let's get 20 cars and race 👍
 
Back