I configured my footpedals to optimize them for DiRT 3 (w/ pics)

• Thread starter mssr d
  • 1 comments
I don't know if anybody has these, but I set up a configuration for DiRT 3 on my Fragpedal and wanted to show it off. Basically the pedals are programmable to any keyboard key or macro, so I tried out a few configurations for DiRT 3 and took some screen shots of the set-up in the configuration software.

Configuration: Basic
Dirt-3-basic.jpg

I’ve found it most convenient to throw “up shift” and “down shift” to the buttons on the left foot, and “gas” and “brake” to the buttons on the right foot. Just like a manual transmission car, the left foot shifts gears and the right foot controls speed.

FP-button1.jpg

Configuration: Authentic Gear Shifting

To more closely imitate real shifting, I put an advanced macro on the left foot, so that while pressed would listen for particular keyboard presses, in preparation for another command. Let’s call this button the clutch. On my configuration, holding the clutch button listens to ‘q’ and ‘e’. If ‘e’ is pressed with the clutch down, the macro assigned to the clutch fires off ‘a’, the default command for “up shift.” Similarly, if I press my clutch button on my FragPedal and press ‘q’, the FragPedal will send to the game ‘z’, the default command for “down shift.” So, with this macro, I’ve actually made the game slightly harder: in order to shift gears I’ve got to be holding down the clutch while I press the shift buttons. It makes me feel the way when I’m really driving rally cars — scared ****less.

FP-button2.jpg

Configuration: Camera Controls

DiRT-3-camera.jpg

In this configuration, I tap my foot left or right to look in those directions. To look back, I tap the button to the right of my right foot, and to the left to change camera angles. This is pretty helpful because I don't have to worry about messing with the camera controls on my keyboard when I'm trying to concentrate on staying on the terrain.

What do you guys think? I custom-mapped the images on the software because they were the best ones I could find.

Latest Posts

Back