I created an app that'll let you randomly pick cars and tracks for lobbies since GT7 doesn't have Shuffle Car

United States
United States
(This'll be posted on other sites so this may look familiar to some of you)

Hello friends! I'm DJ Brohawk, a fledgling programmer and casual-ish GT7 player.

I'm a big fan of video game randomizers, and after hearing about the old GT mode "Shuffle Car" (or whatever it's called, I've not actually seen it) that randomly picked a car for you and your race, I thought it would be neat to program a little something like that for Gran Turismo 7, since GT7 doesn't currently offer anything like that.

It's not super complicated, it's just a C# WinForms application that generates a bunch of random numbers and picks things based on a combination of what the game offers and what you let it pick from.

For instance, if you only wanted to randomly pick from Maggiore layouts, you can do that. If you hate the MR Group 3 cars and want to only pick from the FR ones, you can do that. If you want to assign a random car from the whole game to your entire lobby, you can do that. I tried to make as many (or as few) randomization options as anyone might want, and I tried to make it as simple and easy to make all of those things happen as I could.

I'm no programming savant - if there are any questions, concerns, comments, or improvement ideas the best way to reach me is probably Twitter, same name as here, DJBrohawk, but I will also monitor this thread as best I can.

Here's a link to the release page. You should be able to download the ZIP file, extract it anywhere, and just run the GT7 Randomizer.exe. There's a very thorough ReadMe.txt in the file that should explain all the functionality well enough. Please let me know if there are any issues, and I hope you enjoy using it :)

Releases · DJBrohawk/GT7-Randomizer · GitHub

Here's a picture of the main UI so none of you think I'm pulling a virus scam here :P

r/granturismo - I created an app that lets you randomly pick a car or track for lobbies since GT7 doesn't have Shuffle Car

Back