I Dont get it...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pit Crew
  • 22 comments
  • 1,625 views
Messages
703
United States
MD
Messages
InFiNiTe_MeDuLa
Saturday I had a 75 lap league race, using the Weider HSV Honda Super GT, brand new with only 61.5 Practice Miles. I completed the race (5th) and left the track after the timer counted down to 0. Yet 2 days later, the car still has 61.5 miles on it. Im miffed. Is this another GT5 bug? Has anyone else experienced this? Inquiring minds want to know.

If a similar thread exists, I apologise in advance, and ask the Moderators to move this inquiry there. :cheers:
 
Did you actually finish the race? I don't think online miles count unless you are in a race and you actually manage to finish the race. Otherwise the game will not count the mileage on your car.
 
Did you actually finish the race? I don't think online miles count unless you are in a race and you actually manage to finish the race. Otherwise the game will not count the mileage on your car.
Yes i finished the race as I stated in my OP.
 
Yes they do count, when tire wear and fuel consumption are on.

Little obvious, but... was tire/fuel wear on for your race?

Did your game freeze, did you reset the system improperly, or re-load a game save, do you own 2 HSV's and you're looking at the wrong one.
Why do you say 'Practice Miles' and when did they start counting fractions of a mile? Where are you finding/reading this mileage?
 
Yes they do count, when tire wear and fuel consumption are on.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up for us then.
 
An obvious question since you finished the race. Was Tire/Fuel on and did you save after the Race? And online races do count there is always a "Break In" room somewhere.
 
An obvious question since you finished the race. Was Tire/Fuel on and did you save after the Race? And online races do count there is always a "Break In" room somewhere.

I would assume that the race that the OP participated in, the tyre/fuel depletion was turned off, and that's why the mileage did not count. As for those break in rooms, they would only be true break in rooms if the tyre/fuel depletion is turned on, otherwise as mentioned before, the miles that you do will not be added to your car's total mileage.
 
This has happened with me before.
After the race then after you were playing the game, the game didn't autosave. So the race didn't happen to your game (even if you saved the replay it doesn't save the game).
 
Little obvious, but... was tire/fuel wear on for your race?

Did your game freeze, did you reset the system improperly, or re-load a game save, do you own 2 HSV's and you're looking at the wrong one.
Why do you say 'Practice Miles' and when did they start counting fractions of a mile? Where are you finding/reading this mileage?
Hunh? Ok Practice Miles like when your testing your tune in the practice mode. I have no reason to start an inquiry and give bad info. Im newer to GTPlanet then you, but have played GT5 since it came out in November 2010, so im no rookie. Tire wear is always on for League events, I got into the New one (i own three always buy new car for league races and practice first) before I went to the lobby,it was the one with the limitations on it (424HP 1120 KG). Its been counting fractions of a mile since Ive been playing, so I dont see what relevance that is. Under Distance traveled in my garage is where I got this Mileage from.

In any case i was informed that I may have left the game (Not the Race lobby) without returning to the Main Menu first. Mods can lock this thread. Thank You.
 
Last edited:
Hunh? Ok Practice Miles like when your testing your tune in the practice mode. I have no reason to start an inquiry and give bad info. Im newer to GTPlanet then you, but have played GT5 since it came out in November 2010, so im no rookie. Tire wear is always on for League events, I got into the New one (i own three always buy new car for league races and practice first) before I went to the lobby,it was the one with the limitations on it (424HP 1120 KG). Its been counting fractions of a mile since Ive been playing, so I dont see what relevance that is. Under Distane traveled in my garage is where I got this Mileage from.

In any case i was informed that I may have left the game (Not the Race lobby) without returning to the Main Menu first. Mods can lock this thread. Thank You.

Those are routine questions from Adrenaline to address issues that have come up in the past, the other 1 million times this question has been asked.
 
This has happened with me before.
After the race then after you were playing the game, the game didn't autosave. So the race didn't happen to your game (even if you saved the replay it doesn't save the game).
Yes I think thats what happened Reshiram5 didnt give it a chance to Autosave.
 
Tire wear does not matter.
 
This happened to me but it was a Gift Card Level 0 - after winning a race and it was supposed to save... but then when i go and look in the Delivery.. nothing! Maybe this coming up maintenance i hope will cure all these problems.
Hey maybe all noticed this also, but on B spec mode the driver is off a second when shifting gears - so delayed. LOL
 
Those are routine questions from Adrenaline to address issues that have come up in the past, the other 1 million times this question has been asked.
Yeah...well i hope I answered those questions to his and your satisfaction.
 
Yeah...well i hope I answered those questions to his and your satisfaction.

My satisfaction? Seeing as how I'm the one that guessed what you did wrong, I would say I answered your question to satisfaction.
 
I've been tired and just quit game or shut off console from xmb after a race, and that doesn't save the race either. You must back out to gt life screen for autosave to do its thing.
 
My satisfaction? Seeing as how I'm the one that guessed what you did wrong, I would say I answered your question to satisfaction.
No you didnt guess it, Reshiram5, and my League Admin guessed it. You thought I was making stuff up.
 
Chrunch Houston
Tire wear does not matter.

For online break in yes it does in fact matter. Buy two cars brand new. Then do 11 lap RACE on SSRX (equivalent to 200 miles). Do one race with tire wear on then tire wear off for the other. I garentee you will understand then
 
No you didnt guess it, Reshiram5, and my League Admin guessed it. You thought I was making stuff up.

Wrong, I did:

Little obvious, but... was tire/fuel wear on for your race?

Did your game freeze, did you reset the system improperly, or re-load a game save, do you own 2 HSV's and you're looking at the wrong one.
Why do you say 'Practice Miles' and when did they start counting fractions of a mile? Where are you finding/reading this mileage?

I didn't think you made it up, I just knew you were wrong.
 
Wrong, I did:



I didn't think you made it up, I just knew you were wrong.
I didnt reset anything Ileft the game without letting it autosave. You questioned my statement about practice miles and how i got 61.5 miles traveled...like i made it up. when you say reset it sounds like starting over. its your choice of words but Resheram said it the way i did it. Ill take his explanation.
 
For online break in yes it does in fact matter. Buy two cars brand new. Then do 11 lap RACE on SSRX (equivalent to 200 miles). Do one race with tire wear on then tire wear off for the other. I garentee you will understand then

I haven't done an A-spec or B-spec race since before the 200% daily log in bonus.

I only race in my own room - and I certainly don't have tire wear turned on. :crazy:

Yet I have new premium cars that have miles on them.

I know for a fact the only place those cars have been driven is online and in my room.

Tire wear does not matter.
 
Last edited:
Back