I don't have any desire to drive a S2000GT/ClioGT. What other vehicles can compete?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blademask
  • 27 comments
  • 2,416 views
Messages
193
Messages
commedieu
Its clear that these 2 cars would technically be a tuners wet dream. However, I'm just not interested in driving either. Yes, they are quick. But I just don't want to be forced to use these cars since they are technically the fastest in the GT5p right?

What other cars do you guys use to compete with these? I can usually out drive 1/2 of these cars since they are the unfortunate choice of the ubern00b, with my Audi R8. But at max, I can hardly compete with the rest of the 750 class. Should I be aiming my money at the GTLM?
 
hey m8, are you sure s2000 and clioGT(clio tuned i think that's what you saying) are the fastest cars in GT5P? i think there're fasters cars like F1 :P just kidding... seriously.. they're fast but GT LM will murder any car in GT5P especially on suzuka 750PP
 
...but GT LM will murder any car in GT5P especially on suzuka 750PP
Yep thats right.:rolleyes: Unfortunatley, it gets used a fair bit to, I personally think that those who are like..."ooh wow your so fast":lol: to those who drive GTLM's is pretty silly, because some of the best drivers won't drive GTLM's because of the obvious advantage. I won't drive the GTLM because I prefer the Elise 111R/Tuned:D It's far more fun to battle it out with the Lotus rather than win without competition out in front with a GTLM. The oly thing that can challenge a fast GTLM driver is another fast GTLM driver. I have beaten GTLM 's in my Elise before but they are obviously not that fast as if thye where I shouldn't be able to keep with them.:)
Peace.
 
i use to race with friends with GT LM.. and its just amazing ;) however sometimes i use the elise too.. i love his handling in the corners... its so fast, unbeatable!
 
do you guys use traction control @the GTLM?
 
some do, some don't, it's what suits your style of driving that matters, a perfect set up for one of the fast drivers may need tweeking to suit yourself, same as a tune done and used from one of the tuners garage's may need tweeking ever so slightly to suit you, most of the hard work is done by the tuner though and maybe just slight alterations are needed for yourself. I drive with TC on some cars, not others depends on wether i feel it will help me, try it with and without then make your own mind up.
 
I always thought the R35 GT-R was best
 
Hmm, I love to compete in Speed Six even tho It's slow to rest cars, I get middle position at end of the race :D
 
I always thought the R35 GT-R was best
The GT-R is very fast at the Fuji event, but at Suzuka 750PP the GTLM is without a doubt the fastest car. I don't go the GTLM simply because theres no fun in winning easily.:)
Peace,
Rusty*
 
Hmm, I love to compete in Speed Six even tho It's slow to rest cars, I get middle position at end of the race :D

Yes, I like to fight my F430 against those R35's only becaus it's fun. No matter if I end in second to fifth place.
 
I always thought the R35 GT-R was best

Why does that not surprise me? ;)

At 750PP, the Elise 111R Tuned, GT LM, GT-R, Blitz Dunlop, Clio, S2000 and probably more that I've missed or not driven can all be winners, as long as you can drive them well and you've got a great tune for the car - have a look in the GT5:P Car Tuning & Settings section.
 
In a similar fashion, I haven't seen The Sound Of Music, and have no desire to, either.
 
In a similar fashion, I haven't seen The Sound Of Music, and have no desire to, either.

You might want to try Mary Poppins then, in the right hands it's faster round Suzuka
 
some other fast car the bnr( ?) Mines skyline GTR :) i find it a very nive car to drive and it is fast.
 
I like the vette Z06/Tuned version a lot, i have a great setup now. it's very fast in the first section and the other bends at Suzuka, they do often catch me at the straights but i don't mind... i like it better to be passing someone in the corner then just flooring it in a straight line ;)
 
Theres plenty of options!

The fastest times for a full race at suzuka 750 are around 10.00 - 10.10 (or just under 10 minutes for some of the Japanese ive seen)

fastest ive acheived is a 10.03 in the GTR

but the ford gt test car, tuned viper, tuned corvette, cliogt, tuned elise 111r,
mines GTR, amuse s200 and more are all capable of doing these times
 
The fastest times for a full race at suzuka 750 are around 10.00 - 10.10 (or just under 10 minutes for some of the Japanese ive seen)

Please do not use the word "Japanese" to refer to Japanese people. It's highly derogatory and is NOT acceptable. There's even a thread at the top of this board asking people not to use the term. Just goes to show how little permanently sticking a thread that says Read This! at the top of the board helps...
 
Its clear that these 2 cars would technically be a tuners wet dream. However, I'm just not interested in driving either. Yes, they are quick. But I just don't want to be forced to use these cars since they are technically the fastest in the GT5p right?

What other cars do you guys use to compete with these? I can usually out drive 1/2 of these cars since they are the unfortunate choice of the ubern00b, with my Audi R8. But at max, I can hardly compete with the rest of the 750 class. Should I be aiming my money at the GTLM?

Your alternatives are a Corvette/Tuned, a Viper/Tuned or an Elise 111R for incredible corner grip and a GTR or a GTLM for straightline boom.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)
 
I drive every Car without traction control but i can´t drive the GTLM without TC... but have drive only a few laps with that car...
 
The Z06 tuned is a great choice, the gtlm is the fastest. IMHO I feel the gtlm is too fast at the moment.. Maybe the fall update will "even" out the field
 
Yes, I like to fight my F430 against those R35's only becaus it's fun. No matter if I end in second to fifth place.

Somehow with stock F430 vs Vette vs GTR I always manage to get First place or second. Maybe I was racing vs rookie drivers?
 
The Z06 tuned is a great choice, the gtlm is the fastest. IMHO I feel the gtlm is too fast at the moment.. Maybe the fall update will "even" out the field
Yes it would be nice to see the performance points tweaked to even the GTLM's out with the rest of the field.👍
 
Yes it would be nice to see the performance points tweaked to even the GTLM's out with the rest of the field.👍

Wonder how PD would "tweak" the field.. There will always be a dominant car on a certain track. But it shouldn't be a dominant car on all tracks.
 
Wonder how PD would "tweak" the field.. There will always be a dominant car on a certain track. But it shouldn't be a dominant car on all tracks.
Yeah I think that with a decent Driver behind the wheel of a GTLM it would be a hard combo to top on most tracks, except for London and maybe The Eiger...tighter and slower average speed tracks. As for 'tweaking' of the GTLM in an effort to even it with other cars, now this would be based of the Performance Points system, where by instead of giving the car +3 BHP for say 1 PP, it could be changed to 2 PP, or this same effect could be aplied to the Weight reduction, Aerodynamics, Tyres etc.👍 It all depends on how much impact each adjustment would make on its overal Speed, I think the GTLM Race Car should be the fastest overall as it is now, but I do think it needs to be 'tamed' down just a little bit, That way exceptionally quick Drivers in other Car's can actually have a shot at beating other 'not-as-quick' Driver's in GTLM's. I have raced a very quick GTLM Driver...Thanos-GTLMSquad at Suzuka many times when he has been in his GTLM, while I was racing in my Elise 111R/Tuned.:) I can say for sure that even pulling mid 1'59's to low 2's chasing him that there is no way that I could catch him, ok Thanos is a very quick Driver but, but I was Driving the wheels:crazy: of my Elise lol!:lol:...I had no chance:D, a quick Driver in a GTLM is practically 'untouchable' in any other car except another GTLM.:) I'm not complaining please don't get me wrong in fact I like racing with the GTLM driver's especially good clean Driver's like Thanos, because you have to race flatout to do well!!:lol:(Cheers to Thanos for great races!👍) And it's fun to beat some guys in GTLM's in my Elise 111R, but as I said theres no beating the fast GTLM Drivers. Also note-The only reason why I raced on the 'Edge' in my Elise 111R was because Thanos and myself had a substantial lead so I could not bump anyone off the track if I made a mistake.
So I say that a 'tweak' to the incredible Power that the GTLM has could help make other really fast cars a little more competitive to it.
Thanks for reading this long post, hope to read your responses.;)👍
Rusty*
 
Last edited:
f430
...i feel ur pain, need more new cars
 
Last edited:
The tuned Lotus 111R,able to hold it's own on most circuits.:sly:
 
Yeah I think that with a decent Driver behind the wheel of a GTLM it would be a hard combo to top on most tracks, except for London and maybe The Eiger...tighter and slower average speed tracks. As for 'tweaking' of the GTLM in an effort to even it with other cars, now this would be based of the Performance Points system, where by instead of giving the car +3 BHP for say 1 PP, it could be changed to 2 PP, or this same effect could be aplied to the Weight reduction, Aerodynamics, Tyres etc.👍 It all depends on how much impact each adjustment would make on its overal Speed, I think the GTLM Race Car should be the fastest overall as it is now, but I do think it needs to be 'tamed' down just a little bit, That way exceptionally quick Drivers in other Car's can actually have a shot at beating other 'not-as-quick' Driver's in GTLM's. I have raced a very quick GTLM Driver...Thanos-GTLMSquad at Suzuka many times when he has been in his GTLM, while I was racing in my Elise 111R/Tuned.:) I can say for sure that even pulling mid 1'59's to low 2's chasing him that there is no way that I could catch him, ok Thanos is a very quick Driver but, but I was Driving the wheels:crazy: of my Elise lol!:lol:...I had no chance:D, a quick Driver in a GTLM is practically 'untouchable' in any other car except another GTLM.:) I'm not complaining please don't get me wrong in fact I like racing with the GTLM driver's especially good clean Driver's like Thanos, because you have to race flatout to do well!!:lol:(Cheers to Thanos for great races!👍) And it's fun to beat some guys in GTLM's in my Elise 111R, but as I said theres no beating the fast GTLM Drivers. Also note-The only reason why I raced on the 'Edge' in my Elise 111R was because Thanos and myself had a substantial lead so I could not bump anyone off the track if I made a mistake.
So I say that a 'tweak' to the incredible Power that the GTLM has could help make other really fast cars a little more competitive to it.
Thanks for reading this long post, hope to read your responses.;)👍
Rusty*


That is a sound and reasoned post, agreed on every point regarding GTLM 👍

I was gonna type something similar but accidentally closed my browser mid-post :D
 
Back